Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Acquisition 0.62 Now supports Sharing Files

Acquisition 0.62 Now supports Sharing Files
Alex00087
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2002, 05:51 PM

In addition to bug fixes, we can now share files in Acquisition!

VersionTracker

rob7erto
Forum Regular
Aug 6, 2002, 06:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alex00087:
[B]In addition to bug fixes, we can now share files in Acquisition!

In theory...

I don't think it is working for me, even though I trashed the prefs. I have 11 gigs of mp3s and none of 'em were shared after 3 hours of use. Highly suspect.

Also, Acquisition gets weak search results (of the few results it gets, only a fraction have 3 star reliability.)

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2002, 06:50 PM

My main problem with Acquisition is that it doesn't get as many downloads to actually start downloading as Limewire.
Otherwise, I LOVE it's interface and GUI responsiveness. It's a million times better than Limewire in that regard.
Hopefully with a little more work, this can be a really great app.

malvolio
Professional Poster
Aug 6, 2002, 08:07 PM

I installed 0.62 this afternoon, and have already had one of my mp3 files uploaded by another user.
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

rob7erto
Forum Regular
Aug 6, 2002, 08:17 PM

Originally posted by malvolio:
I installed 0.62 this afternoon, and have already had one of my mp3 files uploaded by another user.
How many server hosts do you have it try to connect to? I set it to 6...

I've left it on for hours and rarely do my connections rack up a large number of files. If one of them does, that connection will eventually be dropped anyway. Limewire holds on to connections better for me.

Also, I still haven't had any of my files shared although I have a folder containing 11 gigs of music in my share directory in preferences.

Am I doing something wrong?

Alex00087  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2002, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by rob7erto:

How many server hosts do you have it try to connect to? I set it to 6...

I've left it on for hours and rarely do my connections rack up a large number of files. If one of them does, that connection will eventually be dropped anyway. Limewire holds on to connections better for me.

Also, I still haven't had any of my files shared although I have a folder containing 11 gigs of music in my share directory in preferences.

Am I doing something wrong?
Limewire servers always connect to more hosts then the crappy Morpheus (sp?) ones.

Also remember that it takes a couple of seconds to inspect each file before it can be seen on the network, and since you have 11 gigs, it can take a while before they will all be seen and able to be shared.

Forum Links
Forum Rules