Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > "Add This To Startup Items" Voice Alert

"Add This To Startup Items" Voice Alert
LeonThePro
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2001, 11:34 AM

Hi. I am new to the Mac OS. Everytime I start my new iceBook, there is a voice alert which says that the "Add this to startup items" Application has been added to the Startup Folder. Every startup, a shortcut of the above is created that it just keeps on piling up (I'm on the 17th copy already) in the Startup folder.

I got so annoyed that I had to delete the items from the folder. Now, when I startup the iBook, there is no alert speech anymore.

What should I have done correctly? What did I do wrong to trigger this seemless cycle every startup?

Help!!! And thanks in advance....

oscar
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2001, 03:31 AM

What;s the file name its creating, and what programs have you installed latly?

LeonThePro  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2001, 06:02 AM

hi, oscar. the funny thing is...the file name that it is creating in the "Startup" folder is "Add This To Startup Items". And everytime I start the iceBook, there is a voice alert saying:

"The Application, 'Add This To Startup Items', has been added to the 'Startup Items' folder". Huh?! And it's been creating so many. I had to check the folder and delete everthing. Including the 'Hotsync' which I also found in the Startup folder. I haven't tried hotsyncing my Palm, yet, to check if by deleting it would be an error on the hotsync process.

I haven't installed anything. Every software found is from the factory. Maybe I just tinker with it too much, which is why I don't know what I did to produce what's been happening to the laptop.

Thanks for any inputs.

OverclockedHomoSapien
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2001, 11:56 PM

If you haven't installed anything yet, then you could just do a clean install. That would be easy on a new system.
[FONT="book antiqua"]"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
- Thomas Jefferson, 1816.[/FONT]

Forum Links
Forum Rules