Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > starmax 3000/200

starmax 3000/200
vatin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 16, 1999, 12:34 PM

Hi..

A friend of mine has a starmax 300/200 with a scsi 32x cd and an atapi Hard disk. 5 months ago his hard disk failed so we replaced it with a new one. But one week ago the new one also failed.
It appears that the hard drive has bad sectors or damaged one. We tried to format it on a PC but it didn't work. so I have two posibilities... maibe the ide interface is damaging the harddrive or maybe the power supply. If its the first one I can ad a SCSI hard drive and continue working, but if it is the power supply...
Any way I checked the power supply with a tester and it appears to be Ok 5.18 V and 11.86V.

Has this happened to someone or does someone knows what happened?

It good to buy a SCSI Hard drive?

Jose 'vatin' Restrepo

shorton
Dec 21, 1999, 07:40 PM

I added a SCSI drive to my Starmax 3000/180 a year or more ago. I contacted Motorola and they send me a FREE (no kidding) SCSI kit. There is a SCSI port already on the motherboard and this kit allows access to it and included a typical ribbon cable. Anyway, it worked just fine. Good luck.

Forum Links
Forum Rules