Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > More Photos of New Albook & Benchmarks - CDW has 50!

More Photos of New Albook & Benchmarks - CDW has 50!
toddbuchanan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2003, 01:29 PM

I had an early AM photo shoot out near the CDW store (at their warehouse in suburban Chicago) and to my amazement (and the sales staffs too!) they had the new 15 inch Al books IN STOCK! (I heard them later say that they had 50 of them in the warehouse) so I snatched one up....I had originally ordered from the Apple store at 4:50 AM on Tuesday after the Paris Expo announcement, but my Apple order was still waiting to be shipped as of Wed AM...I'm getting tired of waiting with Apple (I'm waiting for my Dualie too! also I have no interest or stock in CDW...just passing along the info)

A few observations (that are reflected in the photos):

Here is a link to some photos:

http://www.toddbuchanan.com/albook/

Nice Solid build and feel like the 12 inch and 17 inch!

The lid seems to have a little more space between the screen and the keyboard than on my old TiBook (see photos) and I thought it was interesting to see the lock for the battery...you use a coin to get the battery out...not sure I like this feature when changing battery quickly on the fly on tight deadlines, etc..

Slots all along the back hinge and on the sides for cooling...see photos

A nice little touch, on the latch there is a small light that tells you the Pbook is powered, but asleep (like the light on the back hinge of the old Tibook)...

I am not familiar with how to load RAM on this yet, otherwise I can update my photos with some shots of the guts after I find out how to get inside...

I included screen shots of the APS for both main APS page and devices...

Best
Todd Buchanan in Chicago
http://www.toddbuchanan.com

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Sep 17, 2003, 01:50 PM

Wow, veryyy nice pictures! Congrats on your new machine!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Forum Links
Forum Rules