Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Back From NYC

Back From NYC
G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 24, 2004, 09:55 PM

Well I just spent 4 nights in NYC. Staying at my sisters apartment in the upper west-side on 72nd street. Did some touristy things, saw the statue of liberty (friggin 10 bucks for a 15 min boat ride) saw the Empire State building, Time Square, Central Park (Strawberry fields).

We ate out a ton, and the best thing, I NEVER GOT CARDED. First it was at a nice little brew pup where we had the 40oz worth of samples, everything from a nice wheat ale to a fruity apricot ale. Next was at a Billards Hall, had a few Stella Artois. Then Sunday night we had dinner at Tavern on the Green, atmosphere was great, food was nothing to talk about, and the service sucked monkey balls. I had 3 Stellas and then the waiter comped us another round cause of the service, which was good cause they were charging 7.00 bucks for one. Anyways, last night we visited another brewpub, and i have never seen such a nice selection of local and import brew around. I started the night with a 9 dollar Duvel, jumped into an Arrogant Bastard Ale, then finished with a Harpoon IPA.

I also found a decent sized beer distributor in china town that sold Dogfish head, I picked up a six pack of stout and a 4 pack of 90 min IPA, i think that is the best IPA I have had, a true old school IPA with some balls 9.0 % ABV.

All in all i had a good time spent tons of cash, and saw something different then the back roads of Maine, but in all honesty I will take Maine anyday.

linky

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Aug 24, 2004, 10:01 PM

Damn, sounds like you had a good time.

Welcome back...

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Aug 24, 2004, 10:09 PM

Man I love looking at peoples tourist photos. (and I'm being serious)

Looks like you hit some cool sights!

Forum Links
Forum Rules