Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > I Hate Halo!!!!

I Hate Halo!!!!
Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Jan 2, 2004, 12:49 PM

So, I finally get to the very last run (the 6 minute race for your life) and I had a really bad start so I wanted to start over from the last check point. Unfortunately, I hit restart level instead. ARGGGGHHH! I have to do ALL that again?

:cries silently to self:

Matt Fahrenbacher

dennis88
Forum Regular
Jan 2, 2004, 04:59 PM

That's not the game's fault, but yours...

Ghoser777  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 2, 2004, 06:22 PM

Originally posted by dennis88:
That's not the game's fault, but yours...
I know...

But it's okay now as I managed to beat it finally. It was just frustrating. I seem to do that in games a lot, especially with repetitive processes... off by a little and you're screwed (it doesn't help that mouse motions on that pause screen are all slow and messed up).

Matt Fahrenbacher

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 2, 2004, 09:59 PM

I know how you feel.

I think something like that makes me the maddest because it makes me question why I am even playing.

-Owl

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 2, 2004, 10:41 PM

Well, you could always have saved your progress...

What difficulty level?

malarkyout
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2004, 11:51 PM

you got to play Halo on Legendary, its the only way to go, the library is pretty hard and all, but maps like assault are awesome when you sneak up on 40 people in a row and kill 'em all and bust up the big hunters with 1 pistol shot or a couple swats in their back with the melee.

Are you playing halo on PC or X-box, I wasn't aware that it existed for Mac.... but I had it for PC that I play on my school required PeeCee.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Jan 3, 2004, 01:32 AM

How'd y'all like that "wait for the pick up ship" crap while the timer's running down... then the damn ship gets smoked leaving not enough time to finish the damn level? 's'not like I had any freakin' ability with the damn warthog to begin with...

Okay, so I was bitter about that.

Any of you people playing with keyboard controls? I played it on the Xbox, and can't imagine who difficult it would be playing without 2 analog thumbsticks!
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Jan 3, 2004, 03:25 AM

Hehe, yes, I waited for the ship the first time I played that level. Even got out and shot down the Banshees with the warthog's cannon. I still completed the level.

First time my brother completed the last level on Legendary, he finished with 0 seconds remaining. It was so cool - there was a big group gathered around. He had something like 15 seconds left when he started walking towards the ship, and letting nothing distract him, he managed to get to the ramp JUST in time, as the clock hit 0. Pretty sweet .

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

ender2002
Senior User
Jan 3, 2004, 01:38 PM

I hate the bizarro!

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Jan 3, 2004, 05:10 PM

If you hate it too much to replay a level, don't.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

malarkyout
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 3, 2004, 07:04 PM

How long has Halo for X-box been out? like 2 years? I have been playing since it came out for PC, I bet those of you who conquered it when it came out for X-box are bored to death by the latest wave of Mac users hyping the game AGAIN. Its a great game, but after I beat it on Legendary I stopped playing it. The ultimate challenge to me was playing the Library on Legendary.

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 3, 2004, 10:18 PM

Originally posted by malarkyout:
How long has Halo for X-box been out? like 2 years? I have been playing since it came out for PC, I bet those of you who conquered it when it came out for X-box are bored to death by the latest wave of Mac users hyping the game AGAIN. Its a great game, but after I beat it on Legendary I stopped playing it. The ultimate challenge to me was playing the Library on Legendary.
I still love it, though one might call me a Bungie Fanboy.

-Owl

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 3, 2004, 11:45 PM

SELL-OUT.. Bungie.

Forum Links
Forum Rules