Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > The Filter

The Filter
Boris_Noir
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 28, 2007, 07:27 AM

Downloaded this interesting app at the weekend and having fun playing about with it. It's a playlist creation tool that is basically an interesting alternative to shuffle mode in iTunes. The software is still in beta - but creates 90% good playlists for me. Certainly a lot quicker than building a playlist by hand and a bit different to the various smart playlists I've set up.

Here's a playlist that I created from three of my favorite songs (the top three are the songs I picked and the rest is the playlist:

1. Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
2. Angeles - Elliott Smith
3. Rebellion (Lies) - The Arcade Fire
4. Moonage Daydream - David Bowie
5. The Race Is On Again - Yo La Tengo
6. Neighbourhood #4 - The Arcade Fire
7. Conduit For Sale - Pavement
8. 7/4 (Shoreline) - Broken Social Scene
9. Sea Legs - The Shins
10. The First Songs - Built To Spill
11. Gardenhead/Leave Me Alon - Neutral Milk Hotel
12. Obstacle 2 - Interpol

As you can tell, I'm pretty please with the software - but I wonder how people with a bit more of an eclectic/diffirent taste in music are getting on?

Link: The Filter - Instant Playlist Generator Plugin for iTunes
( Last edited by Boris_Noir; Mar 28, 2007 at 07:28 AM. Reason: changed the link...)

Boris_Noir  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 28, 2007, 07:31 AM

Sorry, I've been an absolute idiot and posted this in the Mac OS X forum instead of the Applications forum. Serve me write for having 40000 tabs open. Presume I need a mod to move this?

Forum Links
Forum Rules