Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9 on Umax c500 supermax font problem

OS 9 on Umax c500 supermax font problem
slider
Mac Elite
May 6, 2000, 07:36 PM

Hi, I installed OS 9 with the updater 9.0.4 on this computer. I did I clean install of the system software that came with the Umax (7.6.1) and then the OS9 software. I installed M$ Office 98 on it and the fonts in word seem fuzzy. Anyone one know of a reason why or have a solution?

iMan_ca
May 7, 2000, 02:04 AM

My first guest would be to many fonts over the 128 limit is fixed in Mac OS 9 so that cant be it. I bet you have a messed up font. Start with the shift key down (This turns off the extensions kinda like a safe start)
Remove the fonts folder from the system folder and then double click on each one. If you find one that gives a error and wont open then it is a bad font. That is all I can think of I am tired sorry. Any thing else comes to me I'll come back.

For any one that knows the answer what is the font limit with system 9, 512? I would like to know I cant remmeber.

Oh another posibility is something to do with font sync but I dont know enough to offer any inteligent advice about that.

Good Luck

garrettnelson
Dedicated MacNNer
May 7, 2000, 09:34 AM

Do you have Adobe Type Manager installed? It may conflict with the FontSync control panel. Or you may have an older version of it that needs updating.
and play the game existence to the end

slider  (op)
Mac Elite
May 7, 2000, 06:57 PM

After the problem was observed I installed ATM 3.9, I think that's the version. Didn't do anything, although I am not sure how to use it. I thouhgt I would ask about it first in case someone had an obvious answer or suggestion.

Forum Links
Forum Rules