Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Apple Intros "Boot Camp" for dual-booting

Apple Intros "Boot Camp" for dual-booting (Page 2)
Walker
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 5, 2006, 10:21 AM

Can someone here figure out a way for me to use boot camp with my VirtualPC 6 CD with windows XP?

Y3a
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 10:22 AM

With BOTH on your machine, and the Windows lousy security problems ruining the OS, you'll soon be a Mac OS X fan.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Apr 5, 2006, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by davesimondotcom
Developer C already supports the Mac and won't just drop support for it. Same with Developer B.
How can you make such a presumption? If we're talking about smaller developers, I would tend to agree. But I'm referring to the major applications that make or break a platform. Now that Apple's Mactels are Wintels with a simple reboot, there's rapidly decreasing incentive for major application developers to continue supporting OS X.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

euphras
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by MallyMal
I think this is a positive thing.

1. Apple store sales people can use this as a sales tool.
2. Switchers won't have to buy all of their software again immediately
3. Games
4. No need to have a computer for each platform

Ask yourself, why did you buy a Mac in the first place. Me, I bought because of the OS. I think more will buy into this to use Windows as a secondary OS instead of using Windows as their primary OS.
It´s a good thing. But at least for point three: I think it´s definitely the end of gaming on the Mac platform.

Of course it was never THAT big deal but...

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Apr 5, 2006, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mastrap
Because the demand from customers is there and that demand is unlikely to go away any day soon.
Exactly. If there's a market there, there's money to be had. This move by Apple isn't going to destroy that market. Does anyone here even think for a minute that Adobe, et. al. aren't going to capitalize on a market where they can make money? Give me a break if you think this will stop 3rd party dev on Mac OS X.

To some people, the sky is always falling. Sheesh.

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac
How can you make such a presumption? If we're talking about smaller developers, I would tend to agree. But I'm referring to the major applications that make or break a platform. Now that Apple's Mactels are Wintels with a simple reboot, there's rapidly decreasing incentive for major application developers to continue supporting OS X.
At least it's abundantly clear that you're willing to trash up every thread you step foot into. Have you ever went back into your posting history to extract all the negative things you have called incorrectly?

Peabo
Senior User
Apr 5, 2006, 10:31 AM

Just letting you all know I tried this on my macbook pro. It kernal paniced when I clicked 'restart' to install windows later and now it won't boot. I can't repair my disk with a the os x startup either as it says 'invalid extent entry'
LC 16Mhz • LC 475 25Mhz • Centris 650 25Mhz • Performa 6200/75Mhz • G3 266Mhz • Snow iMac DVSE 500Mhz
G4 QS 733Mhz • 17" Powerbook 1.33Ghz • 15" MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.16Ghz • Mac Pro 8-Core 3.0 Ghz

MallyMal
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 5, 2006, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by euphras
It´s a good thing. But at least for point three: I think it´s definitely the end of gaming on the Mac platform.

Of course it was never THAT big deal but...
Well, keep in mind that a people still need to aquire a Windows license. So, not all Mac users are going to have a copy of Windows on their Mac.

So, most likely, you are going to have some Mac users who will use this to get games that aren't on the Mac in the first place.

starman
Clinically Insane

Well I work on several major apps and we're not dropping Mac support for this - AT ALL.

Remember, you said yourself that you have to REBOOT to do this. There's an inherent difference between running Windows and Mac OS X. If you can't see that, then you have no basis for your argument.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Big Mac
Clinically Insane

Originally Posted by Hi I'm Ben
At least it's abundantly clear that you're willing to trash up every thread you step foot into. Have you ever went back into your posting history to extract all the negative things you have called incorrectly?
Haha, I was among Apple's most ardent supporters prior to last year. And I don't think I have made many incorrect calls post-Intel defection, at least as far as the substantive matters are concerned.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Apr 5, 2006, 10:34 AM

Only if there's a rapidly decreasing incentive for users to buy that Mac OS X software. Which I doubt. The goal of any and every company is to make money. As long as they make money on OS X software development, it's going nowhere. I guarantee they'll still make money on it. Most of the current user base of OS X users won't switch. Who do these devs serve now? That group. Unless a bunch of people jump ship to Windows, nothings going to change in the negative direction.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 5, 2006, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by z0ne81
Just letting you all know I tried this on my macbook pro. It kernal paniced when I clicked 'restart' to install windows later and now it won't boot. I can't repair my disk with a the os x startup either as it says 'invalid extent entry'
Harsh!

Hope it isn't your production machine...

Remember when it says BETA it's not kidding.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 5, 2006, 10:39 AM

Big Mac -

Look at it this way:

We've been able to run Windows on our Macs since the PowerMac came out, pretty much. VirtualPC, of course, wasn't an ideal way to run it, but we could.

Anyone who is a Mac fan won't abandon Mac OS X for Windows, and I'm convinced many Windows users who spend some time in Mac OS X will switch.

Unless Vista somehow manages to become as elegant and graceful as Mac OS X, I don't see many Mac people switching over to Windows.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

AppleCello
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 5, 2006, 10:41 AM

Seriously, why does being able to run windows doom the mac? windows sucks, and a side by side comparison will only show that off.

MallyMal
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 5, 2006, 10:44 AM

Kinda wild how that guy won like $13K to get Windows running on a Mac and then, less than a month later, Apple drops Boot Camp

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 5, 2006, 10:46 AM

Pretty nifty but I wish it ram more like VPC so you can run Windows in a window.

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

Big Mac
Clinically Insane

Originally Posted by AppleCello
Seriously, why does being able to run windows doom the mac? windows sucks, and a side by side comparison will only show that off.
Yes, Windows totally sucks. The problem is, people naturally are software whores. They would rather run an inferior OS to have the maximum amount of software compatibility. That's why Apple's market share flat lined at 3%. If a superior OS were really that enticing to people, Apple should have naturally commanded considerably more market share. Giving people the tools and approbation to run Windows on their Mactels does very little to help OS X's cause and much more to harm it. But we shall see.

euphras
Mac Elite

Originally Posted by MallyMal
Well, keep in mind that a people still need to aquire a Windows license. So, not all Mac users are going to have a copy of Windows on their Mac.

So, most likely, you are going to have some Mac users who will use this to get games that aren't on the Mac in the first place.
Really? I guess if one would need Winblows only for gaming it would be a matter of five minutes, visit pirate bay, download XP torrent and then suck the stuff...

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN

In the font thread about Segoe and Microsoft I told y'all that Jobs and Gates and my ex (and a few others) were putting their heads together - and socializing - recently.

Guess Microsoft and Apple are now "officially" on the same page.

Anyone with Virtual PC can now officially throw it away...

gperks
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 5, 2006, 10:47 AM

Can Windows be installed on an external drive, or does it need to be on the internal drive?

frates
Apr 5, 2006, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by z0ne81
Did you do the firmware update prior to the installation ?

There are updates for firmwares of imacs, powerbooks, and mac minis

mduell
Posting Junkie
Apr 5, 2006, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by davesimondotcom
Developer C buys an Intel Mac out of curiousity, figures, "heck, I'll try out development in XCode." He trys it out and realizes how elegant it is, compared to Windows development.
Spoken like someone who hasn't used Visual Studio.

Apple needs a good first-party virtualization system; imagine if one of the "users" in the quick-switch dropdown menu was Windows? Bam, that easy.

JLL
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2006, 10:52 AM

Giving people the tools and approbation to run Windows on their Mactels does very little to help OS X's cause and much more to harm it. But we shall see.
Nothing stopped Mac users from buying a PC and the Windows versions of apps, but they chose a Mac for a reason, and a developer wanting to dump Mac support would have done it years ago.

It's insane to tell your Mac customers to:

a. upgrade your Mac to an Intel Mac.

b. buy a Windows license.
JLL

- My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

JLL
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2006, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
Anyone with Virtual PC can now officially throw it away...
Anyone with VPC has a PowerPC Mac
JLL

starman
Clinically Insane
Apr 5, 2006, 10:53 AM

Installing XP now. Took FOREVER to get the updates I needed.

I didn't install the firmware update, and Boot Camp complained that I had to do that first, so even if he didn't install his firmware update, BC would have told him to.

greenamp
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 10:54 AM

Dude... whoa.

I like the Apple copy writers:

"EFI and BIOS
Macs use an ultra-modern industry standard technology called EFI to handle booting. Sadly, Windows XP, and even the upcoming Vista, are stuck in the 1980s with old-fashioned BIOS. But with Boot Camp, the Mac can operate smoothly in both centuries."

production_coordinator
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by DigitalEl
[/b]Why develop for two platforms when you can just develop for Windows and now most everyone can run it? Bad for future Mac OS development.
You are assuming "Oh, just reboot your computer and boot into Windows" is anywhere near acceptable to Mac users. It would be on par with "well, just run it in Virtual PC" which didn't work either.

Enterprise buyers look at price above most everything else. They don't care about the beauty of Apple hardware. They can still get a black plastic Dell or Gateway box for $399 each. For the networked workstation, Wintel machines are likely to remain cheaper.
I'm guessing Apple isn't going after the ultra cheap [either enterprise or consumer] (that's not their market). they are going after the people that have always wanted to try using a Mac, but didn't want to invest thousands of dollars on a system just to "try it out" This has plagued the Mac since day one... basically a chicken/egg problem. Now you can say "Well, if you don't like the Mac, you can always run Windows" Sounds much nicer than "Well, if you don't like it... sell it."

P.S. Apple's hardware is COOL! And I'm guessing will sell very well to kids that want cool looking hardware and will be willing to spend the ~$200 more over a Dell box.

It'd probably be unwise to question His Steveness, but as a commoner, it's really hard for me to see this as a positive yet. It will be interesting to see how they spin it.
Spin what? I just can't see Apple abandoning OS X after having slaved to get it to where it is today. I see this as a simple way to sell more hardware... Actually, I'm guessing Apple will like selling computers that run Windows... when anything goes wrong... they can just say "Oh, that's not our problem... call Microsoft" just like Dell/HP/etc. does.

awcopus
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 11:01 AM

1. There's no turning back now. You can't offer this and then not offer it. So, it's done. WinMacs. Even MacWintels. I like MacWins. Actually, no. No, I don't.

2. If there was any doubt about Apple's business model relying on hardware more than software, that's over. Apple isn't releasing its OS into the wild, it's using the promise of its OS's superiority to lure people to buy more of its hardware. Hardware is where the margins are. The OS is a selling point for the hardware.

3. From my perspective, as a video editor, I'm just grateful that Apple makes Final Cut Pro instead of Adobe or Microsoft. Those software vendors will be having meetings soon about the idea of phasing out development of Mac versions because they no longer lose the Mac-user market when they do this:
"I don't know. Our Mac users are pretty devoted to OSX and won't take kindly to our discontinuing (Photoshop, Excel, Flash) for OSX. It sure will be inconvenient for them to reboot into Windows every time they want to use these apps."
"So the user has to reboot to use our software... So WHAT?! Do you have any idea how much it costs to develop and support the OSX versions? Why are we developing the same app twice? How do we justify that to our shareholders? We should be developing new software with those programmers instead of the same thing twice."

</shudder> What the hell was the rush to do this? Part of me wishes Apple had waited until the Intel-native versions of Adobe's apps were released first.

4. Mac users are unique and we should keep that in mind as we consider the broader market response to this development. Most computer users do not share our refined tastes, strong inclinations or aesthetic priorities. I personally love the idea that Joe Blow Wintel user is going to spend more on a Mac because of the opportunity to try OS X, but I just don't know how realistic that is. Obviously Apple isn't doing this without some evidence to back it up, but my anecdotal experience with prospective switchers is that they don't give a damn about trying something different that may be better so much as saving a buck because their computing experience isn't that important to them.

Hope this turns out well, and really hope I'm wrong about software development.
Liberty lover since birth. Mac devotee since 1986.

Voch
Mac Elite

I'm concerened about software companies using this to justify not making a Mac OS X version of their software. If they realize that Mac users don't necessarily want to invest in a Windows XP license for their Mac then maybe Mac OS X software will thrive.

Voch

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN

Now I've got to go buy a brand new Powerbook.

(I have a reason now!)

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Apr 5, 2006, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by starman
Installing XP now. Took FOREVER to get the updates I needed.

I didn't install the firmware update, and Boot Camp complained that I had to do that first, so even if he didn't install his firmware update, BC would have told him to.
The firmware update most likely adds a BIOS compatibility module (that most other EFI systems already have) in order for Windows to function. That's why BootCamp wouldn't let you install without it, I'm sure. Windows wouldn't run without at least BIOS emulation.

production_coordinator
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 11:03 AM

The funny thing is, Apple just used the Nuclear Option. But, in its stupidity, it nuked itself. Would an Apple fan boy come forward to explain how Apple's official support for dual-booting won't have a sizably negative impact on third party OS X software base?
1) Most Mac users are Mac users for a reason... not because they really want to be Windows users.
2) You still need to buy Windows XP (it wouldn't be standard)
3) You still need to install Windows XP for dual boot on the Mac

As I said in my previous post, how is "Oh, just reboot into Windows" any different than "Oh, just use Virtual PC?"

greenamp
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 11:04 AM

I wonder what Apple would do if MS released an app that let you dual boot to OS X on a PC?

MallyMal
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 5, 2006, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by euphras
Really? I guess if one would need Winblows only for gaming it would be a matter of five minutes, visit pirate bay, download XP torrent and then suck the stuff...
That's true. But still don't see this killing Mac gaming. As you already implied, Mac gaming isn't that great as it is. Take Dawn of War for instance, I want to play this game but they won't port it to Mac. Boot Camp just opened a door for me to play if I'm willing to install Window and get Dawn of War. This decision hasn't done anything negative to Mac gaming per se because the game was never on Mac in the first place.

I guess one could argue that this may take the pressure off of the game makers to port to Mac but if the demand is there they will still port and/or write for the Mac.

Y3a
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 11:06 AM

That first virus infection of Vista and the poor performance, klunky features and all on the same machine that is running the elegant Mac OX will be a blunt reminder that Windows sucks.

I would suspect that the Macs running windows will have windows erased off the drives within a year or so.

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Apr 5, 2006, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by awcopus
Those software vendors will be having meetings soon about the idea of phasing out development of Mac versions because they no longer lose the Mac-user market when they do this:
"I don't know. Our Mac users are pretty devoted to OSX and won't take kindly to our discontinuing (Photoshop, Excel, Flash) for OSX. It sure will be inconvenient for them to reboot into Windows every time they want to use these apps."
"So the user has to reboot to use our software... So WHAT?! Do you have any idea how much it costs to develop and support the OSX versions? Why are we developing the same app twice? How do we justify that to our shareholders? We should be developing new software with those programmers instead of the same thing twice."
I highly doubt it'll be an issue. Ceasing development of software on the gamble that people would actually spend $300 to get Windows is pretty stupid, and these companies realize this. So does Apple, otherwise they wouldn't have released it (Boot Camp). Developers stand to lose more customers if they cut development on a particular platform just because of Windows availability, because there will undoubtedly be people who WON'T switch.

Weyland-Yutani
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Hi I'm Ben
I think that is uncalled for, he is just voicing his concerns. As long as this is done in a civil and courteus manner it is very important input in the discussion.

cheers

W-Y

“Building Better Worlds”

JLL
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2006, 11:10 AM

3. From my perspective, as a video editor, I'm just grateful that Apple makes Final Cut Pro instead of Adobe or Microsoft. Those software vendors will be having meetings soon about the idea of phasing out development of Mac versions because they no longer lose the Mac-user market when they do this:
Why is it that many of you suddenly think that all Macs out there are Intel Macs, and that all Mac users will rush out and buy Windows?

Again, most of us are Mac users for a reason, and that reason is not to run Windows.
JLL

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2006, 11:11 AM

Because, a) most Mac users are inexperienced with Windows and thus less likely to pirate b) Mac users are likely more honest on average c) OS X is not officially available for regular PCs, so the only way to run it is to pirate it.
Originally Posted by Lordx_
As for your OS X comment, I tend to agree. It seems more windows/PC using folk pirate more than Mac users.
You people are living in a fantasy world. There are more Windows/PC people to engage in pirating. If you break it down into a ratio, it's probably much more equal.

Yes, Windows totally sucks. The problem is, people naturally are software whores. They would rather run an inferior OS to have the maximum amount of software compatibility. That's why Apple's market share flat lined at 3%. If a superior OS were really that enticing to people, Apple should have naturally commanded considerably more market share. Giving people the tools and approbation to run Windows on their Mactels does very little to help OS X's cause and much more to harm it. But we shall see.
People are software ignorami, not whores. I don't think your prediction will hold up.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

DarwinX
Apr 5, 2006, 11:12 AM

WOW. I had to check the date as well. I am still unsure what to think about this one!

greenamp
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by JLL
Why is it that many of you suddenly think that all Macs out there are Intel Macs, and that all Mac users will rush out and buy Windows?

Again, most of us are Mac users for a reason, and that reason is not to run Windows.
When I buy a RevB or RevC Intel PowerMac in eleventy billion years, I will 100% most certainly buy a copy of Vista for dual booting.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 5, 2006, 11:14 AM

Why? What planet are you on?

First you say we don't need VPC anymore then you say you're buying a powerbook?

You need to brush up on your terms.

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

greenamp
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dark Helmet
Why? What planet are you on?

First you say we don't need VPC anymore then you say you're buying a powerbook?

You need to brush up on your terms.
lol

DarwinX
Apr 5, 2006, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by greenamp
When I buy a RevB or RevC Intel PowerMac in eleventy billion years, I will 100% most certainly buy a copy of Vista for dual booting.
Actually I think that may be the point. Windows XP is splashed all over this page. Until I hear someone say Vista works, maybe that is Apple's strategy. Make it easy for a PC user to transition. At some point dual-booting doesn't isn't all that functional for non-geeks, and the user will realize they can now do everything they wanted in Windows on a Mac. Apple increases hardware sales in the short term, drops Leopard which will once again prove how clearly supperior Mac OS X is to Windows(XP or Vista) and everyone wins, including Apple.

Even if none of the above comes to pass and I sound like a crack addict, I still think it makes more sense for Apple to release an easy way to do this, than to have non-geek users trying to dual-boot their machines and the support calls Apple must deal with even when they have no business supporting such.

As always, only time will tell.

starman
Clinically Insane
Apr 5, 2006, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by JLL

And there are some of us, like myself, who love the Mac TO DEATH, but still use Windows for certain reasons, be it gaming, work, or to just run apps that aren't on the Mac.

Sorry, but this is a BIG DEAL for me. It solves a lot of problems and if it works well, I can ditch my Dell and Powerbook and get a Mac Book Pro.

kcmac
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by greenamp
I wonder what Apple would do if MS released an app that let you dual boot to OS X on a PC?
Yeah. Maybe they can focus on that after Vista, or after the security or whatever it is they can't seem to complete.

Ain't gonna happen. OSX is Apples holy grail.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2006, 11:23 AM

The freakin' Sky is falling!

Now we wait for Dvorak's "I told you so". He's going to reiterate his "Apple switching to Windows" story.

I would be more excited, but I don't use windows very often. I much prefer OS X. I hope that consumers realize the same. It's kind of nifty though. What would have been REALLY cool is if Apple came out with a loader for sticking OS X on any old x86... but that's the dreamer.
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

production_coordinator
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 11:24 AM

1. There's no turning back now. You can't offer this and then not offer it. So, it's done. WinMacs. Even MacWintels. I like MacWins. Actually, no. No, I don't.
If I've learned anything from Apple... it is that they are willing to give something, and then take it back. (.mac, Mac clones, etc.)

2. If there was any doubt about Apple's business model relying on hardware more than software, that's over. Apple isn't releasing its OS into the wild, it's using the promise of its OS's superiority to lure people to buy more of its hardware. Hardware is where the margins are. The OS is a selling point for the hardware.
I somewhat agree... IMHO, it is more of a "We have a fantastic OS, we build fantastic hardware, we can even run Windows... there is no reason to buy a clunky Dell."

IMHO, this is more an attack on Dell and HP than Microsoft.

</shudder> What the hell was the rush to do this? Part of me wishes Apple had waited until the Intel-native versions of Adobe's apps were released first.
Again, how is this different than saying "Oh, just boot into Virtual PC?"

If Windows came pre-installed on the Mac, than you might have a good point.

4. Mac users are unique and we should keep that in mind as we consider the broader market response to this development. Most computer users do not share our refined tastes, strong inclinations or aesthetic priorities. I personally love the idea that Joe Blow Wintel user is going to spend more on a Mac because of the opportunity to try OS X, but I just don't know how realistic that is. Obviously Apple isn't doing this without some evidence to back it up, but my anecdotal experience with prospective switchers is that they don't give a damn about trying something different that may be better so much as saving a buck because their computing experience isn't that important to them.
I don't agree. Until now, we have never given "on the fence" Windows users the opportunity to purchase a Mac. We have asked them to make a leap of faith... usually of $1000 or more... and abandon not only their operating system, but potentially their applications.

I've given up on converting some people to OS X long ago... as they really do need Windows.

Now I can at least request Apple hardware without getting the rolling eyes from our IT staff.

production_coordinator
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 11:33 AM

(I have a reason now!)

I'm going to buy a tower once:
- CS3 (UB) is released
- Quark 7 (UB) is released
- Microsoft Office (UB) is released

I may try Windows XP on the tower, but I'm guessing most Mac users will not.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Apr 5, 2006, 11:40 AM

Yeah, with Apple doing all the heavy lifting for Microsoft - providing native drivers for Windows - Apple will be convincing more people to go over. It will convince Mac users to migrate over to Windows, that is. Mac users will give Microsoft many new Windows retail purchases, while those who are interested in OS X on the Wintel side will just pirate OS X on to their PCs. Microsoft, not Apple, wins in both cases.
Right, because Windows is such an obviously superior operating system that everyone will definitely want to use that.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Forum Links
Forum Rules