Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > SE Z800 (flashed from v802SE) modem hints needed

SE Z800 (flashed from v802SE) modem hints needed
jpamental
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2005, 10:58 AM

Hi,

Bought an SE v802SE and had it flashed to be a generic Z800, and it now works great with TMobile (phone browser and email client work fine), works fine with iSync as well as BT file transfers, etc.

One thing I can't work out is setting up the phone properly as a wireless modem to get online with my Powerbook. I've done this via BT with other phones with no problem, but can't seem to get it all working properly.

Anyone have this working?

Thanks,

Jason

jpamental  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2005, 11:27 AM

Worked it out... T-Mobile solution for Mac
OK - posting via BT dialup now, so guess this is working...

Downloaded the scripts from the link above (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/13523) and installed according to included directions.

Networking System Preferneces, configure Bluetooth setup

Select PPP
leave all fields blank except for Telephone Number - here use 'internet2.voicestream.com'

Select PPP Options
Despite the directions from the download, under advanced options I've found you can leave 'Send PPP echo packets' and 'Use TCP Header compression' checked - they do speed things up a little bit

Under Proxies
Left all blank - didn't seem to need them

Under Bluetooth Modem
Used Sony Ericsson GPRS CID1
Checked all the boxes under (enable error correction, wait for dial tone)

Then opened up Internet Connect app and under Bluetooth hit 'connect'. Finally got online.

Seemed like I didn't have the right combo of letting the scripts do the dialing, including the Access Point Name (internet2.voicestream.com) and the right script. SO... for T-Mo that should do it.

Jason

Forum Links
Forum Rules