Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Anyone using Logitech Mx Duo?

Anyone using Logitech Mx Duo?
torifile
Mac Elite
Aug 27, 2003, 03:37 PM

I just got this keyboard/mouse combo and I LOVE them. I've been having random problems with kernel panics when they are unplugged. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I can pinpoint the kernel panics to when the receiver/charger is plugged into my usb hub. The problem is that it's so intermittent, I can't say for sure that this is what's causing the issue. I don't SEEM to have the problem when I plug the receiver directly into my usb port, but that's a pain because I've got several peripherals that I like to plug in at once when my powerbook is at home.

Is anyone having any problems with kernel panics after unplugging their mx duo?

BTW, I'm running 10.2.6 on a 12" powerbook.

ParTi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 27, 2003, 04:49 PM

I have the Mx Duo, and enjoy them as well. I also had the same kernel panic problem, however it happend to me EVERY time I unplugged my TiBook.

I had upgraded to Logitech's Control Panel 1.1.1, downgrading to the one that came in the box resolved my problems. Have not had a kernel panic since.

Doug

Originally posted by torifile:
I just got this keyboard/mouse combo and I LOVE them. I've been having random problems with kernel panics when they are unplugged. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I can pinpoint the kernel panics to when the receiver/charger is plugged into my usb hub. The problem is that it's so intermittent, I can't say for sure that this is what's causing the issue. I don't SEEM to have the problem when I plug the receiver directly into my usb port, but that's a pain because I've got several peripherals that I like to plug in at once when my powerbook is at home.

Is anyone having any problems with kernel panics after unplugging their mx duo?

BTW, I'm running 10.2.6 on a 12" powerbook.

torifile  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 27, 2003, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by ParTi:
I have the Mx Duo, and enjoy them as well. I also had the same kernel panic problem, however it happend to me EVERY time I unplugged my TiBook.

I had upgraded to Logitech's Control Panel 1.1.1, downgrading to the one that came in the box resolved my problems. Have not had a kernel panic since.

Doug
Hmm. I used the one in the box and it seems to still cause problems. Could you send me the version you've got? Maybe the LCC that came on my cd is newer than yours.

ParTi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2003, 11:06 AM

Don't have the CD on me, but under the PreferencePanes, Info.plist states 1.1.0.

That's a drag if your having problems with this earlier version.

Doug

Originally posted by torifile:
Hmm. I used the one in the box and it seems to still cause problems. Could you send me the version you've got? Maybe the LCC that came on my cd is newer than yours.

Forum Links
Forum Rules