Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > iPod not showing up in iTunes

iPod not showing up in iTunes
mlangbau
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2002, 11:20 AM

I broke out a new iPod but it doesn't show up in the iTunes source list.

I am running OS 9.1 and have been told that iPod should work with 9.1 even though 9.2 is recommended.

Is there something I am doing wrong or do I, in fact, have to download and install 9.2 to make the iPod work.

Thanks

<baglunch>
Feb 25, 2002, 12:28 PM

Although i cannot comments on the use of macos 9.1 with ipod, here's what works for me..

I have an ibookse (g3 466mhz) with macos 9.2.2 using itunes 2. Works perfectly. I used to have macos 9.1 and itunes 1, but didn't even bother trying it out with the ipod since it wasn't supported and troubleshooting would have taken longer than upgrading.

Are you using itunes version 1 or 2? what hardware are you using (shouldn't "really" matter in an ideal world).

mlangbau  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2002, 12:34 PM

Using iTunes 2.0.3

I have been reluctant to install 9.2 because of problems I have read about that people have had when they made this changed. 9.1 has been really stable but I guess I may have to make the jump.

Thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules