Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > A Wireless PC network adapter that works with Airpot Express.

A Wireless PC network adapter that works with Airpot Express.
Fat7at
Aug 2, 2005, 09:26 PM

I'm looking for a wirless adpater for my desktop PC that will work with a signal from my Airport express base. I found this but want something cheaper , I can't seem to find anything that says it will work. If you guys have some recommendations that would be great.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833319002

I have found this but have no way of knowing if it work with express. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833130118

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 2, 2005, 09:35 PM

ABSOLUTELY ANY "WiFi" compliant device will work with the AirPort Express. WiFi is a term that is synonymous with IEEE standards 802.11b and 802.11g. All Apple wireless devices conform to one or both of these standards, so there is not a problem using any other manufacturer's compliant devices.

Both of the devices you found will work; I'd go with the less expensive one simply because it's less expensive.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Fat7at  (op)
Aug 2, 2005, 10:23 PM

awesome thanks for you help.

Forum Links
Forum Rules