Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Trouble ejecting disk images under Leopard?

Trouble ejecting disk images under Leopard?
swiz
GUI Punk
Nov 6, 2007, 01:47 PM

The first annoyance I have come across in Leopard is stubborn disk images which only eject using Disk Utility. Anyone else notice this? Im off to the OSX feedback form.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2007, 01:54 PM

I have had no problems with this so far.

What I noticed though – and it might be related or not – is that sometimes I can not empty the trash because a file is in use: the Finder was just creating the thumbnail for a movie. Waiting until the thumbnail was created allowed me to delete the file.

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2007, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by swiz View Post
The first annoyance I have come across in Leopard is stubborn disk images which only eject using Disk Utility. Anyone else notice this? Im off to the OSX feedback form.
happens here sometimes as well; i usually go to disk utility to eject, but of course, should not have to do that...
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2007, 02:32 PM

Happens to me once in a while. A restart fixes the issue and ejecting using Disk Utility works, but neither dragging to the trash nor the Finder sidebar will eject.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2007, 02:44 PM

No problem here... I always use command-E.

nikstar101
Nov 6, 2007, 02:45 PM

Yep i had the same problem, ejecting it through Disk Util always worked. its a bit intermittent.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2007, 03:14 PM

I had this problem last night. I ended up logging out, which fixed it. I didn't even think of using Disk Utility. Seems like a bug. Lets hope this gets handled in 10.5.1.

Forum Links
Forum Rules