Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Mac OSX on MRI Wind

Mac OSX on MRI Wind
reidzor
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 2008, 02:43 PM

Hey guys. I was just bopping around the net yesterday and came upon phonedog.com. I've been watching and reading updates on this site for a couple weeks now, but yesterday something intrigued me. Noah, the host of most of the videos, was geeking out over his new MRI Wind. It came stock with Windows Vista Home Premium, but he had installed OSX 10.5.5 on the Wind. He showed it in the video and it looked pretty good. He said the only issue he was with WiFi not working. I'm just wondering if anyone on here has tried this out, or gotten OSX to run on anything other than an acutally Mac machine?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 7, 2008, 03:02 PM

People have been creating "Hackintosh" boxes ever since the first Intel version of OS X was made public. Hackintosh netbooks seem to be quite popular right now. I'm not sure if MacNN allows members to discuss this subject, however, since it's technically a violation of Apple's EULA.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Atheist
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2008, 03:26 PM

Yeah... it's a touchy subject. With appropriate googling you can figure it out. I'm using Leopard on a Dell Latitude D630 (issued by my employer). WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth all works fine. I tried using Windows for about a month but just couldn't stand it. It's such a horrid OS. Ironic I make a living writing software for Windows. Funnier still that I run Windows under Fusion on the Dell. Can't wait for the new 17" MBP to come out so I can ditch this Dell.

Edit: Although I'm willing to break the EULA, it doesn't mean I steal the OS. I bought a retail copy of Leapord for the Dell and I urge anyone with Hackintosh's to do the same.

Forum Links
Forum Rules