Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > TechTV will be broadcasting the keynote

TechTV will be broadcasting the keynote
torifile
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2001, 12:28 PM

I just saw on techtv that they'll be broadcasting the keynote live tomorrow at 9. Just thought I'd pass the info on in case you wanted to know...

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2001, 03:21 PM

I keep hearing about TechTV - can someone explain what it is? Is it available only through satellite dish, or is it available through cable, too? I don't think it's on my cable listings, but perhaps it shares with some other network?

Thanks in advance - it would be nice to watch it on something other than a tiny, skipping, haltering QuickTime stream.

DoctorGonzo
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 17, 2001, 04:02 PM

It's a 24/7 television network, and it doesn't share with anybody. My (once) sucky cable system was just rebuilt, so I have an insane number of channels now, including TechTV. (We didn't get CNN until a month after the Gulf War ended.....how bad is that?!?!)

scottiB
Professional Poster
Jul 17, 2001, 05:11 PM

Tech TV used to be ZD-TV, switching its name once ZDNet sold it off. I first saw it on satelite, and now my ATT digital cable carries it.

My favorite show is "Silicon Spin" with the everwitty and sunshiny John C. Dvorak moderating varied hases, has-nots, and has-beens of Silicon Valley. I wish he were my grandfather.

My favorite episode from a couple years back was about his proclaiming that FireWire would never catch on. Stephen Somoyagi (sp?) was on:

JCD: ACK! SO STEPHEN SOMOYAGI!! DO YA THINK THIS FIREWIRE THING'LL WORK? I THINK IT'S ONLY GOOD FOR ACK! SUPER-DUPER EXPENSIVE DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERAS THE RICH ARE ACK! USING.

SS: Well I've a VST 6 GB drive, and it's my most indespensible periph, I carry it everywhere.

JCD: AND HOW ACK! MUCH DID IT COST YA?

SS: Well about a thous...

JCD: A THOUSAND BUCKS! ACK! ACK-ACK! YOU HEARD IT FROM ME RIGHT HERE! IT'S GOING ACK! NOWHERE!

The last time ZD/TechTV featured a live Steve-note was when the B&W G3s and iMac 266s were announced. Other times were edited highlight reels or none at all other than the TechTV news blurbs.
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

Forum Links
Forum Rules