Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > What are the best art sites/forums that you frequent?

What are the best art sites/forums that you frequent?
tutelary
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2007, 11:50 PM

I've found both Welcome to The Computer Graphics Society and IllustratorWorld to be absolutely wonderful places with incredibly talented people who love to share their knowledge. I'm looking for similar sites and forums that you good folks frequent. I'm getting back into art as a hobby and need inspiration as much as anything else, and I don't want to play in the 'kiddie pool' which is deviantart.com
Thanks for any help!

Thorzdad
Apr 30, 2007, 01:52 PM

Shane Gline's Drawingboard is an illustration site I can recommend. I'm also a big fan of Illustration Friday.

tutelary  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 30, 2007, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Thorzdad View Post
Shane Gline's Drawingboard is an illustration site I can recommend. I'm also a big fan of Illustration Friday.
excellent

art_director
Professional Poster
May 1, 2007, 08:14 AM

Going to have to check these out. Every time I find a new design forum it's flooded with flamers. Gets old quickly and I leave.

iREZ
Professional Poster
May 1, 2007, 03:22 PM

creativebits used to be worth going to, but its been pretty boring as of late.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

beetyjoose
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 28, 2007, 10:38 AM

I found this web site that lets you take a picture of yourself everyday. It then compiles everything into a movie, so you can watch your life flash before your eyes. Similar to some of those youtube videos going around with people taking one picture of themselves everyday for a long period of time.

You can then embed the movie on a website, blog, myspace page, etc. And it automatically updates your movie each time you take a pic.

The nice thing is that if you have an isight you just load up the page and you're good to go.

If anyone is interested:

Take one picture of yourself everyday

duoikari
Forum Regular
May 29, 2007, 08:02 AM

surprising i found istockphoto good place to look at graphic design art and illustrations, i had to find images which had a Japanese feel to it and i found 1,000s of images that helped me.
and I don't want to play in the 'kiddie pool' which is deviantart.com
I wouldn't call DA a kiddie pool as such, it's just more of a myspace kinda site rather then anything else. But there are a handful of good artists and designers there.

Forum Links
Forum Rules