Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Incase Nylon Sleeve Stained My MacBook

Incase Nylon Sleeve Stained My MacBook
kikkoman
Senior User
Nov 18, 2006, 06:00 PM

I started noticing gray spots on my white MacBook a few weeks after getting an Incase nylon sleeve. To prove my theory, I took a white paper towel and rubbed it along the inside liner of the sleeve. Sure enough, the paper towel had blackish gray stains on it. I'm guessing it was a dye used to color the interior material. I turned the case inside out and threw it in the washer and that seems to have gotten rid of the excess dye. Now I have these stains on my Macbook I'm trying to get rid of. Pure bleach and watered down rubbing alcohol had no effect. Acetone took it right off but dulled the plastic. Any other suggestions?

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Nov 18, 2006, 08:59 PM

Acetone took it off because it took off a layer of your protective shell. I would just leave them and let them wear off on their own if they're not too bad. You could also try using an ordinary magic eraser.

Rally1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2006, 03:48 AM

Have same problem, but from the Vaio sleeve I was using.

kikkoman  (op)
Senior User
Nov 21, 2006, 10:01 AM

Just an update, a stronger concentrated (91%) alcohol solution managed to lighten the stains to the point where they are barely visible.

Forum Links
Forum Rules