Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > How to return to 'same sized windows' look in all-spaces/mission control view?

How to return to 'same sized windows' look in all-spaces/mission control view?
serr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2015, 11:29 AM

How do you get back to the 'same sized windows' for the spaces (called mission control now) view? The new default is to make the currently selected desktop space large and the others small at the top of the screen.) I want to return to the old default of all desktop windows being the same size in the 'all spaces' view.

I also can't figure out how to do 'all spaces' + 'all windows' at the same time with the new integrated version of that command. In 10.6 you could first hit all spaces and then all windows and you would be able to drag and drop any window from any desktop space to any other desktop space.

I see that 'all spaces' + 'all windows' is simply 'mission control' now but how do you get the all windows view for all spaces?

bdmarsh
Jul 7, 2015, 04:25 PM

As far as I know, you can't.

There are some options to show the current application windows (control + down arrow) which displays the windows for the current application as equal sized (minimized windows get smaller thumbnails at the bottom of the screen)
but that isn't what you are asking for.

Submit feedback so possibly they give more display options for Mission Control in Mac OS X 10.11 may be the only way (and convince other people to do the same)

Forum Links
Forum Rules