Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Official Adium Thread

Official Adium Thread (Page 3)
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 22, 2007, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Catfish_Man View Post
I agree that it would be nice to be able to do that again, but this separate storage model we had before is just wrong (it caused bugs and performance issues, as well as being misleading in the way I described above). Perhaps an alternative would be to only store the last log file for each user? I'd have to figure out how to avoid cluttering prefs*, but it could work...

*we have too many prefs, so things that add more make me unhappy.
I understand about providing too many options. But in this case I think the pros outweigh the cons. I don't know how you guys implemented logging. One big file? Many files? By date? By user? But let's go with the current design of the message history being a part of the logging function. What I don't like now is that logging is all or nothing. Instead, what I would like to see now is the the option to designate how much logging to do in addition to all or nothing. By days? By # of lines? Either is fine with me.

OAW

thetman
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 28, 2007, 12:32 AM

hey thought i would add this in case it hasnt been posted here. Xblze pretty much made my dade by allowing to to connect to xfire network within os x, its an adium plugin. works great no crashes (mbp/adium1.0.1) must have for gamers

Xblaze 0.6 - MacUpdate

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Feb 28, 2007, 12:57 AM

Wow, cool!
Linkinus is king.

SLiMeX
Senior User
Feb 28, 2007, 02:03 AM

IS anyone else having trouble having the history of convo's saved for when you Im the person next?
BlacBook | 2.0ghz core duo | 2x320gb | 2gb ram | mba superdrive

Catfish_Man
Mac Elite
Feb 28, 2007, 04:34 AM

SLiMeX: I suspect that may be the logging issue discussed at the top of this page/end of the last page.

kick52
Baninated
Feb 28, 2007, 05:24 AM

i've noticed that adiums get info on msn contacts takes a long time to get any info. also, it wont give a url to any contacts live space.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2007, 06:58 PM

Another issue with Adium .....

When someone sends you a file and Adium displays the "direct connect" dialog ... there is no feedback to the user. No dock icon bounce. No dock icon badge. Nothing! I can't count the number of times this dialog has been sitting there waiting for me to click yes or no and I had no idea it was even being displayed.

Oh ... and does the app really need to rename a file that is sent to you?

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Mar 1, 2007 at 07:14 PM. )

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2007, 02:49 PM

Is anyone else having a problem with Adium always asking you if you want it to be the default IM client every time it starts up? Even after you click the button to make it the default client? How can I fix this?

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

kick52
Baninated
Mar 4, 2007, 04:55 PM

i want them to add a feature: make sure so that when you have it completly transparent, you can click on a connect easily. at the moment, i have trouble double clicking on them, because each time the mouse moves slightly and it clicks on finder.

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2007, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by kick52 View Post
i want them to add a feature: make sure so that when you have it completly transparent, you can click on a connect easily. at the moment, i have trouble double clicking on them, because each time the mouse moves slightly and it clicks on finder.
You can't make it that transparent without hacking the plist, the clicking issue is the reason why you can't make it completely transparent from the preferences. We can't do anything about it, it's how OS X does transparency.

TheMosco
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2007, 09:36 PM

When I first got my macbook at Christmas, I installed 1 betas and I noticed that everytime I connected it crashed my linksys router. Now I am back home from school and I have 1.0.1 and it is still crashing my router. I am just using AIM and I didn't have this problem with .89 or the official clients.

I have a linksys BEFSR41 running version 1.46.02 of the firmware.

I thought I remember seeing something about the addition of debug info in on of the last betas but I can't seem to find anything in the forums about it. Any update?
AXP
ΔΣΦ

FallN
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 5, 2007, 05:22 AM

I like Adium a lot. It's the only IM program I have on my Mac (other than the built-in iChat)... I just wish Adium supported voice and video. I would never touch iChat again.

Catfish_Man
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2007, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
Another issue with Adium .....

When someone sends you a file and Adium displays the "direct connect" dialog ... there is no feedback to the user. No dock icon bounce. No dock icon badge. Nothing! I can't count the number of times this dialog has been sitting there waiting for me to click yes or no and I had no idea it was even being displayed.

Oh ... and does the app really need to rename a file that is sent to you?

OAW
I keep meaning to move this in-message-view like I did with file transfers... dang not having any time these days

frankthetank966  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 6, 2007, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by FallN View Post
I like Adium a lot. It's the only IM program I have on my Mac (other than the built-in iChat)... I just wish Adium supported voice and video. I would never touch iChat again.
I couldn't agree anymore.
 16 GB 2nd Generation Black iPod Touch w/Contour Showcase
 White Core 2 Duo Macbook with: 2.0 GHz/1 GB Ram/80 GB Hard Drive

Forum Links
Forum Rules