Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Everything Trump does can be blamed on the DNC and Hillary.

Everything Trump does can be blamed on the DNC and Hillary. (Page 2)
el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Nov 5, 2020, 11:48 PM

… .
( Last edited by el chupacabra; Jan 5, 2024 at 03:00 AM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2020, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by el chupacabra View Post
Yes I saw the same front page sound bite narrative as everyone else. No that’s not how it actually works.
That’s not how it works? Dude I voted early myself. And I can assure you that A) my voter registration was verified when I requested my mail in ballot, B) I had to get my ballot notarized, and C) I could track my ballot with QR code. But you are so willfully ignorant that you are actually sitting here trying to tell me that personal experience with mail in voting requirements is some sort of figment of my imagination.

OAW

OreoCookie
Nov 6, 2020, 01:54 AM

I literally personally know illegals who vote. So as expected government indoctrination class is wrong. There were articles about this in all the main news outlets in 2008, how fast you all forget what gets deleted from the net over 12 years when it all become politicized.
There is no evidence of widespread voter fraud. There are isolated cases where people voted twice (sometimes by accident), or islands of voter fraud where e. g. a candidate illegally had their campaign staffers collect ballots from voters. Ditto for the myth of dead people voting. But there is simply no evidence for what you are alleging.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2020, 04:21 AM

I literally personally know illegals who vote.
I am going to go and straight-out call you a liar, here.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 6, 2020, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
I am going to go and straight-out call you a liar, here.
Just this second seen a Twitter thread where a Trump fan said" A very good friend of mine witnessed voter fraud in Seattle"

The rather good reply was "Then he should report it to the FBI since its a felony, but you can't lie to the FBI so I'm guessing it won't get reported..."

Anyway, what self-respecting Trump supporter (and they all seem to have plenty of respect for themselves) would let any illegal go unreported to ICE, let alone one that was voting....?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2020, 06:01 AM

I know illegals who vote. They pay taxes too.

Doc HM
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2020, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I know illegals who vote. They pay taxes too.
“No taxation without representation.”

I’m sure I’ve heard that said somewhere.
This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 6, 2020, 09:43 AM

On nov 3, & even now, you can easily see the solid red states counted to the upper 90’s percentile before calling a winner but the blues called winners in the 70’s & 80’s percentile. Some blue states called it in the 50’s. Let’s not pretend d’s care about all the votes unless it suits them
LOL you think they stop counting votes when they "call it."

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 6, 2020, 09:46 AM

Yes I saw the same front page sound bite narrative as everyone else. No that’s not how it actually works.
Thats not very nice. As possibly the last conservative on here Im a minority. That means you have to be nice to me. Otherwise I might get triggered, you wouldnt want that would you?
Yes, I'm so glad you're immune from falling prey to false narratives being fed to you by the mainstream media.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2020, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Just this second seen a Twitter thread where a Trump fan said" A very good friend of mine witnessed voter fraud in Seattle"

The rather good reply was "Then he should report it to the FBI since its a felony, but you can't lie to the FBI so I'm guessing it won't get reported..."

Anyway, what self-respecting Trump supporter (and they all seem to have plenty of respect for themselves) would let any illegal go unreported to ICE, let alone one that was voting....?
The kind who’s getting a killer deal out of exploiting their labour?

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2020, 12:35 PM

… .
( Last edited by el chupacabra; Jan 5, 2024 at 03:00 AM. )

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Nov 6, 2020, 01:30 PM

Where did I say anything about stopping the count? You have misquoted. I understand, this is what your liberal msm has been doing for yrs to make r’s seem like they said things they didn’t, & now you’re learning from them. I was comparing the counts where red vs blue called the winners. If you don’t see why that’s so profoundly important then I don’t know what to tell you.
I don't think you understand what "calling the winners" means, or even how math works, really.

On nov 3, & even now, you can easily see the solid red states counted to the upper 90’s percentile before calling a winner but the blues called winners in the 70’s & 80’s percentile. Some blue states called it in the 50’s. Let’s not pretend d’s care about all the votes unless it suits them
I'll try and break it down for you, but I assume Dunning-Kruger will likely intervene in your comprehension.

Say an election has 100 voters. By the time you've counted 70 of those votes, 51 are for party A and 19 are for party B. At this point we can make several conclusions:
1. It is literally impossible for Party B to win. If every one of the remaining 30 votes are for Party B, Party B still ends up with 49 votes, not enough to win.
2. At this point, it is safe to assume the winner of the election based on actual cold hard math.
3. "Calling" the winner has no legal meaning, it doesn't signal the official submission of electoral votes or anything besides, "This candidate is overwhelmingly likely to win."
4. Acknowledging that fact doesn't mean that you don't care about the rest of the votes or that you're biased for Party A or Party B.
5. Complaining about the fact that the election was "called" at only 70% complete and attributing that to some kind of bias in the media or within Party A, however, DOES make you a dumbass.
6. You still count all of the votes
( Last edited by Laminar; Nov 6, 2020 at 01:41 PM. )

MacNNFamous  (op)
Senior User
Nov 6, 2020, 11:57 PM

They can be spoon fed thought processes like this, but the brainwashing has made their mental gymnastics unstoppable. Unable to ever admit ANY inch of being wrong, ever. It's honestly impressive. When I'm bored AF I sent bait to my conservative friends just to see how they justify things. It's hilarious and sad.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 7, 2020, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
The kind who’s getting a killer deal out of exploiting their labour?
Yeah but they can just get another one who didn't vote right?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 7, 2020, 09:50 AM

Yeah but they can just get another one who didn't vote right?
You have no idea how hard it is for a hard-working white family to get decent help these days.

MacNNFamous  (op)
Senior User
Nov 7, 2020, 11:42 AM

^ that type of thinking is EXACTLY why we have trump.

I live in a nicer area, but most of my state has been gutted. Small towns, abandoned store fronts, boarded up shops, rotting out of date factories... Milwaukee used to be America's machine shop, but most of that is gone now. In rural Wisco, even farming jobs aren't decent as mega factory farms turn to automation and swallow up smaller ones. These people don't have opportunity, and they've been ignored by the coastal elites running the DNC for decades. The RNC has been ignoring HELPING them, but is paying attention to them and feeding them lies because like any people without a future, they are looking for a scapegoat.

OreoCookie
Nov 8, 2020, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by MacNNFamous View Post
^ that type of thinking is EXACTLY why we have trump.

I live in a nicer area, but most of my state has been gutted. Small towns, abandoned store fronts, boarded up shops, rotting out of date factories... Milwaukee used to be America's machine shop, but most of that is gone now. In rural Wisco, even farming jobs aren't decent as mega factory farms turn to automation and swallow up smaller ones. These people don't have opportunity, and they've been ignored by the coastal elites running the DNC for decades. The RNC has been ignoring HELPING them, but is paying attention to them and feeding them lies because like any people without a future, they are looking for a scapegoat.
Psychologically this must have a huge effect: the coasts are seen as thriving while they are in decline. The others are the winners and we are the losers.

After the German reunification, my family moved to the former Eastern part to help rebuild. We lasted three years, and during that time a lot changed, and a lot for the better actually. Many cities received top-of-the-line infrastructure that many Western communities (especially the poorer ones) were jealous of. People could buy whatever they wanted in stores. But basically the entire Eastern German industry was steamrolled. Most wasn’t competitive, but the small bits that were couldn’t compete with the huge West German companies. When we left, a neighbor said that “The rats are leaving the sinking ship.” (That’s a fixed expression in German.) I know that this was meant as an insult, but up until today, what stuck with me was that they perceived themselves as being on a sinking ship.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Doc HM
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2020, 05:06 AM

It seems to me that governments tend end up running behind the curve. For example here in the UK they are still debating how to "save the High Street", how to invest in creating new high streets. That's over. In the main shops are over. I think we all get that. The High Street itself wasn't always there, and now it won't be again, or rather something entirely different will be, perhaps turning all the larger shops into flats and mixing in small immediate retail (ie milk, coffee, pharmacies - kind of like rural France.

Anyhoo - middle America, the big red bit in the middle. Huge resource and loads of space, but communities empty and hopeless ie fodder for far right false dreams.
I would think a huge investment in green energy and a green future could really turn these places around. All those huge farms have space and plenty of sun and also in places wind. Grow crops for ethanol and BioDiesel, give massive tax breaks to smaller startups pushing green tech and make them site themselves in the interior not all in California. Have a coherent and hopeful plan for a better future and unambiguously show the middle that they are part of it, vital even. Massively scale up connection in even rural places. Spend big. Imaginer the effect in terms of both actual investment and also the idea of a democratic administration actually investing in R areas. Actual investment not phoney government budgets where the money never makes it out of Washington. So far it seems all governments of both colour offer these communities is advice to move to the coasts.

In the main this worked for Germany where the west actually followed through on pushing money to the East. In the UK large parts of Labpurs traditional northern support fell to the Tories largely on promises of what they called "Levelling Up" Of course (as could have been predicted, the Tories have zero intention of actually doing anything other than continue to funnel money to their corporate and school buddies) but you can see how even the promise works wonders. You just have to actually do it. In the Tories case I would imagine their new Blue Wall will crumble immediately after the next election since they fail to deliver. (But that's another story).
( Last edited by Doc HM; Nov 9, 2020 at 05:47 AM. )

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 9, 2020, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Doc HM View Post
perhaps turning all the larger shops into flats and mixing in small immediate retail (ie milk, coffee, pharmacies - kind of like rural France.
This is exactly what just happened near me in Radstock.

In the UK large parts of Labpurs traditional northern support fell to the Tories largely on promises of what they called "Levelling Up" Of course (as could have been predicted, the Tories have zero intention of actually doing anything other than continue to funnel money to their corporate and school buddies) but you can see how even the promise works wonders. You just have to actually do it. In the Tories case I would imagine their new Blue Wall will crumble immediately after the next election since they fail to deliver. (But that's another story).
I must have missed all those promises. My take away was that it was the Trump style empty rhetoric about making Britain great again and their general ingrained distaste for foreigners that swung them to vote for Boris. An awful lot of them still say they don't care if the economy ends up in the toilet. Nothing as rational as believing lies about benefits they were promised.

Doc HM
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2020, 05:45 AM

This is exactly what just happened near me in Radstock.
Ha We are almost Neigbours! Radstock is "quite nice" as Borat would say.

You probably go to Frome a fair bit. Wish we could afford to move there!

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 9, 2020, 10:46 AM

Ha We are almost Neigbours! Radstock is "quite nice" as Borat would say.

You probably go to Frome a fair bit. Wish we could afford to move there!
Frome is full of people who want to live in trendy parts of London but can't afford to. I don't actually go there all that often sadly. I'm the far side of Radstock, towards Bristol & Bath a bit.

Forum Links
Forum Rules