Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Dual-USB iBook Case recommendations

Dual-USB iBook Case recommendations
Arkham_c
Mac Elite
Dec 20, 2001, 03:14 PM

I am getting one of the new iBooks sometime very soon. I am looking into carrying cases to transport it between home and work. My only criteria is that it is a small, lightweight case. Here are the ones I have found so far.

CASE LOGIC NCLE-2 ($20)

iBook Saver 2 ($58)

SportFolio II ($44.95)

WaterField SleevCase ($78.00)

IceBook Sleeve Deluxe

Willow Design 'Away iBook Slipcase ($60)

Willow Design iBook Whumph Two! Slipcase ($65)

What are your experiences with these (or other) cases? I am leaning toward the SportFolio II since it has the things I want (small size, shoulder strap, not too expensive), but the others listed here all look good too. Any opinions?
Mac Pro 2x 2.66 GHz Dual core, Apple TV 160GB, two Windows XP PCs

VolleyGirl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 20, 2001, 05:10 PM

I would not recommend the iBook Saver from Madsonline. The neoprene is very thin. I ordered and returned it immediately because it wasn't worth the price. The Sportfolio II is a much better bag (better made, better materials, will actually protect your iBook from dings and bumps) and has many more features...for less than the cost of the iBook Saver!

I also have the Waterfield SleevCase and Cargo Bag for when I need more than just a sleeve. Holds a lot of stuff in a small form factor. Excellent construction, customer service way above any other e-tailer I've ever dealt with.

VolleyGirl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 20, 2001, 05:12 PM

I would not recommend the iBook Saver from Madsonline. The neoprene is very thin. I ordered and returned it immediately because it wasn't worth the price. The Sportfolio II is a much better bag (better made, better materials, will actually protect your iBook from dings and bumps) and has many more features...for less than the cost of the iBook Saver!

I also have the Waterfield SleevCase and Cargo Bag for when I need more than just a sleeve. Holds a lot of stuff in a small form factor. Excellent construction, customer service way above any other e-tailer I've ever dealt with.

iNub
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 20, 2001, 05:20 PM

Personally I like the iBook Binder from www.jambags.com. The one without that stupid window . I don't have any experience with it yet, but I will in about a week and a half. I'll post a review of it on here, if you all want.

iBabo
Senior User
Dec 20, 2001, 11:11 PM

i like the kensington saddleBag....i dont have it yet, but there might be one under my christmas tree :-D, there is one from the apple online store you can buy that acctually has an apple logo printed on it. the thing i like about it, is that i can fit classbooks in there too, and doesnt look too conspicuous
smile like you mean it.

Arkham_c  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 21, 2001, 09:41 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was thinking I would get the SportFolio II, but the SleevCase is also appealing (it's more of a cost issue that is pushing me away from that one).

I have a friend who has a Kensington Saddlebag, and he likes it a lot, but it's too big for what I am looking to do. Most days when I go to work I am empty-handed, so I am looking to maintain that minimalist approach as much as possible.

If anyone else has any comments or suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them. If not, I'll probably be deciding between the two bags I mentioned based on what my wife will let me spend
Mac Pro 2x 2.66 GHz Dual core, Apple TV 160GB, two Windows XP PCs

Forum Links
Forum Rules