Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > $15,000 iPhone bid

$15,000 iPhone bid
braiiins
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 29, 2007, 08:08 PM

I found this on eBay, thought some of you might get a chuckle (click for full):

Bid started at $12,000. Is now at $15,300. I'm wondering when it will be shut down... Auction is here.
( Last edited by braiiins; Jun 29, 2007 at 08:27 PM. )

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2007, 08:19 PM

I just did a search on eBay and there are a lot of iPhones on there already. Some people have 6 iPhones in their photo. I'm sorry, but this sort of thing bothers me. Wii, PS3, iPhone, everything. People shoving them on eBay to make profit off people who can't get one because they just bought 6.

Hopefully supply of the iPhone won't like the Wii or PS3.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jun 29, 2007, 08:19 PM

Thank God the shipping is free!

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

braiiins  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 29, 2007, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
Thank God the shipping is free!
LMAO!!!

Am I seeing things? Under Listing and payment details it says the starting bid is 999.99 but when you go in bid history it says $12,000.

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 29, 2007, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
Hopefully supply of the iPhone won't like the Wii or PS3.
On Apple's iPhone page you can check availability live. Everything is still green. This may be the one time there is sufficient supply at the release date for an Apple product.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

braiiins  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 29, 2007, 09:24 PM

I keep swearing I must be missing something here... It's up to $35,100 now. Think the high bidder will be held to his bid despite that it HAS to be a joke?

As for supply... I don't know. I know, though, that the Apple online store is saying 2-4 week delivery time. There were people posting iPhone auctions while sitting in line waiting to buy it. Crazy.

dru
Senior User
Jun 29, 2007, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by greenG4 View Post
On Apple's iPhone page you can check availability live. Everything is still green. This may be the one time there is sufficient supply at the release date for an Apple product.
Now *that* would be UNPRECEDENTED!
20" iMac C2D/2.4GHz 3GB RAM 10.6.8 (10H549)

maxx9photo
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 29, 2007, 10:42 PM

It's not only on eBay but craigslist as well, I went t att store without have to wait inline around 8pm and there's still few left, I changed my mind not getting it, it does indeed has nice feature but after 3 days you'll find out that it's only a phone!!!! I just don't see ,myself brwosing internet in that small screen (yeah I admit it's bigger than my phone) and that whole itunes/ipod crap thing. I would like to see if sony will come out with so called playstationphone or PSPhone, LOL then iPhone will be dead serious in trouble.

Forum Links
Forum Rules