Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes 12: Stop autoplay new podcasts?

iTunes 12: Stop autoplay new podcasts?
Thorzdad
Oct 17, 2016, 01:36 PM

So, recently, I upgraded my OS and jumped from iTunes 11 to iTunes 12. I won't go into what a s**tshow 12 is, but I want to ask a question...

In iTunes 11, all new podcasts had both a big blue dot and a checkmark next to it. If you unchecked a new podcast, it would not automatically be played after the one you are listening to was complete. This seems to be missing in iTunes 12. Or, at least I can't find how to turn it back on.

Does this still exist? Or, did Apple trash a handy little control?

Thanks!

DarkStarRed
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 19, 2016, 03:59 AM

Ok this is a bit strange but if your viewing your Podcast List in iTunes,
Click on My Episodes, now even if the podcast is cloud-based, ticked or un-ticked, it will
stop after the one episode you've decided to watch.

If you have Feed selected up-top then they will continue to play one after the other!
Even if "Checked" ticked or un-ticked they will still play continuously

Thorzdad  (op)
Oct 19, 2016, 05:38 AM

That didn't work for me. It jumped straight to the next episode even with "My Episodes" selected. In any case, I much prefer viewing my Podcasts in Classic List view. It's cleaner and quicker to view.

Forum Links
Forum Rules