Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > I hate updates

I hate updates
Spiritwind91
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 17, 2014, 08:07 AM

Newbie on this forum, hope this is right place for this....

I recently downloaded the new update 8.0.2 on my IPAD and have had nothing but problems withit since.
It slowed my ipad down tremendously and constantly tens to lock up the screen.
It also deletes my passwords after it's on for awhile.

Has anyone else had these problems? Thanks for any info..

By the way,, can I delete this last update and go back to what it was when it was working fine?? I bought my Ipad in 2011 and have never had any problems with it before..

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Oct 17, 2014, 09:44 AM

This will work for a start. What generation iPad do you have, an iPad 2?

Unless you've done some very specific things to the iPad before you went to iOS 8, Apple has made it nearly impossible to downgrade, I'm afraid.

Charles Martin
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2014, 04:22 AM

When I first downloaded iOS 8 on my third-gen iPad, the machine struggled occasionally on things it hadn't before.

I shut it down (not just put to sleep), restarted. Problems went away. Mind you, another update came through in the meantime, so I'm not sure exactly what fixed it, but it got fixed and runs great now.
Charles Martin
MacNN Editor

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 18, 2014, 06:44 AM

I found that my iPad 2 seemed to struggle after I moved up to iOS 7, but after a hard restart it smoothed out nicely. NO point upgrades in between, either. My thinking is that some sort of buffer/cache/magic was cleared by the restart, and the machine was able to do better because the old stuff had been getting in the way. When I get some time to do it, I'm going to upgrade my iPad to iOS 8 - after a very thorough review of what's on it and a complete backup.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

donaldkepler
Oct 21, 2014, 02:04 AM

When I upgraded to iOS 8.1, then I faced few issues like battery drain instantly and WiFi connection instability. I thought to adhere factory settings but my friend told me to take it to an Apple Store. moreover, you can try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 21, 2014, 02:35 AM

iOS 8.1 hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet. I'm not sure how you'd diagnose battery life issues after half a charge cycle.

Surely you mean 8.0.1?

howieho
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2014, 02:14 PM

I don't think they have been too bad. The initial reboot is really bad and nothing seems to move, but as the new stuff settles in, it doesn't seem so bad.

Forum Links
Forum Rules