Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > AOL, OS X (10.2.4) and Airport

AOL, OS X (10.2.4) and Airport
Mutant
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2003, 04:11 PM

Hey there!

Can anyone help me or point me to an FAQ / web page that would explain how to get an Apple Base Station talking to AOL.

Their client works fine when installed on my TiBook and using a wired connection. Now that I've got that working I'd like to get my Airport talking to AOL, but I can't figure out how to configure their client.

AOL tech support is CLUELESS. They are reading from PC suport sheets, keeping refering to the 'Start' button, blah, blah, blah.

I spent one hour on the phone with them last night and won't call back, it was such a negative experience.

Thanks for your help - take care

Mutant
TiBook (400Mhz, 256MB, 30GB, Airport) / iMac 350 (350Mhz, 384MB, 4B, AIrport) / iMac DV+ (450Mhz, 320MB, 20GB, Airport) / PowerMac 5500/275 (64MB, 20GB) / Mac TV / Mac SE / iPod (5GB) / iPaq 3850 / Sony AIBO (just for fun)

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
May 9, 2003, 04:45 PM

Are they on broadband? If they are on broadband they should be able to just connect up the base station and set AOL up from connect through LAN and it should jsut work. that is how mine is setup.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Forum Links
Forum Rules