Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Problems uploading to .mac from iPhoto.

Problems uploading to .mac from iPhoto.
Wet Jimmy
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2004, 09:02 AM

Hi All,

Just trying to get an idea of whether anyone else has been having trouble lately uploading from iPhoto using the "Homepage" button. I can select an album, click Homepage, choose a layout, etc, but when I click Publish, it seems to time out and return a useless message blathering about checking my network settings.

There is nothing wrong with my network settings of course, as everything works but writing to my iDisk. I can't copy the photos manually, as i get a similar problem when copying photos manually.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers,

WJ.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Feb 18, 2004, 11:22 AM

I've seen this message a few times since iPhoto '04; however, I just keep trying and it eventually works just fine...sort of a pain though...

Wet Jimmy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2004, 04:30 PM

Hmm. Let's hear it for average software

nemanirc
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 18, 2004, 06:21 PM

I am having a different problem. The web page will publish, but some of the photos will not show up. They don't even have the quetion mark icon in their place; the space where they would be is just blank. When I try to look at them in the slide shop, they are blank there as well.

Here's the strange part: it is usually three or for photos, but usually different photos every time. I have tried to update fourteen times and have never gotten all 16 photos to show up on the page.
R. C. Nemanick, Ph.D.
PBG4 12" 867MHz 640 MB RAM
PMG3 500MHz 1 GB RAM

Wet Jimmy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2004, 08:33 PM

Well, misery loves company so I'm glad to hear it's not just me

I'm not really feeling inclined to renew my .mac subscription this year...

iamnotmad
Senior User
Feb 20, 2004, 11:11 AM

Originally posted by nemanirc:
I am having a different problem. The web page will publish, but some of the photos will not show up. They don't even have the quetion mark icon in their place; the space where they would be is just blank. When I try to look at them in the slide shop, they are blank there as well.

Here's the strange part: it is usually three or for photos, but usually different photos every time. I have tried to update fourteen times and have never gotten all 16 photos to show up on the page.
nemanirc, this is the same problem I am having, I think I saw your post on .Mac support discussions. Please join this discussion here.
Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules