Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Assassin's Creed ...

Assassin's Creed ...
Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 17, 2007, 06:35 PM

Anyone got this? My thoughts... (360 version)
Amazing Graphics.
No Subtitles n:
Fighting = Press Parry all the time :/
Climbing = super awesome, but super easy.
Missions seem very dull = kill this guy, protect this guy (aka kill the other people around him) or pick pocket this guy.
Not like there are tons of methods to kill people. I expected free roaming Hitman.

Really amazing graphics though. Disliking the Sci-Fi stuff though ...

Thoughts? I'd give it a 8/10 so far.
we don't have time to stop for gas

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 17, 2007, 07:47 PM

I had to stop playing Assassin's Creed due to no subtitle because it is too story-driven Hopefully Ubisoft will add subtitle via patch then I'll get back to it.

From my brief time with AC, I truly enjoyed the climbing part (silky smooth animations) and graphics is simply amazing. AI isn't too bad especially since there's usually around 25-50 people in one area.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Nov 18, 2007, 02:41 PM

I'm still getting started with the game but so far I'd give it a 9/10.

Why can't you guys play without subtitles?

All glory to the hypnotoad.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Nov 18, 2007, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
Why can't you guys play without subtitles?
I was wondering the same thing, unless you are deaf, then I can understand.

Peter  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2007, 03:47 PM

deaf.
we don't have time to stop for gas

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2007, 04:03 PM

Yeah I can't hear but it isn't just me who couldn't enjoy the game without subtitles, hearing people are having problems understanding the game due to sound overlaps ( Lack of subtitle does really hinder the gameplay - Topic Powered by eve community )

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Nov 18, 2007, 04:47 PM

I can understand then. Odd, being most give the option to have them on or off, regardless. I can agree with you the option, should always be there.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Nov 18, 2007, 06:24 PM

Lack of subtitles never crossed my mind. I hope they add them so you guys can experience this game - it's really good.

PaperNotes
Nov 19, 2007, 02:54 AM

Kane and Lynch anyone?

ajprice
Professional Poster
Nov 20, 2007, 05:56 AM

This game was on The Gadget Show lastnight because Jason Bradbury (one of the presenters and general gaming/tech geek) got scanned in and used as a crowd character in the game. Link

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2007, 07:55 AM

Pretty cool game so far, I've killed either 3 or 4 of the guys (can't remember now...) and it's starting to get a little repetitive. I've enjoyed it immensely up until this point but when I tried playing it earlier, i got bored doing another pickpocket/interrogation and just turned off the 360.

Agree about the subtitles, I'm not deaf (well, not entirely) but I like reading better than listening anyways I understand the story better if I could read it. Some of the cutscenes are too long and I stop listening anyways (even though it's interesting, just can't concentrate for that long).

gradient
Mac Elite
Nov 24, 2007, 02:57 AM

Ya the graphics are amazing and overall it's a fun game but.....

I DO find it very repetitive after a while. The same three tasks over and over are pretty much all I've seen in the game so far. Hopefully things get better in this department as I go along (about a 3rd way through right now I think).

Climbing is rediculously easy, you don't have to do anything at all.

The AI really isn't that good a lot of the time. Example: How come I can kill a guard within direct eyesight of four other guards and none of them will notice until I've long since disappeared? Shouldn't they at least notice him fall over?

Not nearly enough upgrades available.... I was really hoping they would work some form of currency into the game, not to mention that you can't pick up weapons from fallen enemies (or anything else for that matter) which is pretty lame for a free roaming 3rd person game.

Graphics: 9/10
Audio: 7/10
Storyline: 8/10
Gameplay: 4/10
Overall: 6.5/10 and pretty disappointing.

PaperNotes
Nov 24, 2007, 05:14 AM

Apparently this game sucks because of a Matrix style story line.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Nov 24, 2007, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by PaperNotes View Post
Apparently this game sucks because of a Matrix style story line.
So you've come to that conclusion without playing the game then?

I love the story. This game is a 9/10 for me.

PaperNotes
Nov 24, 2007, 05:42 PM

So you've come to that conclusion without playing the game then?
When one says "Apparently so and so sucks..." it is an echo of an opinion widely held or talked about. If it was a personal conclusion, which one can't have without experience, then it would be phrased "So and so sucks because I don't like so and so about it."

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2007, 07:57 PM

So far I'm really liking it, but I'm also looking at it as a free-range game too. My only real beef is that the map doesn't tell me which perches I've already been to.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2007, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by alex_kac View Post
So far I'm really liking it, but I'm also looking at it as a free-range game too. My only real beef is that the map doesn't tell me which perches I've already been to.
Well it kind of does - it shows you High Points you haven't been to, so if you're not at one of those you've already been to that High Point.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 26, 2007, 02:07 AM

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

CaptainHaddock
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2007, 04:30 AM

Can any Thief fans compare AC to that series?

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2007, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
Don't just look at one review. Rent it. Try it out. I've seen both sides. People who understand this game love it. People who don't, hate it.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2007, 01:12 PM

I have it for the PS3 and agree with the majority posting here. Great graphics, but the gameplay get repetitive. I don't see alot of replay value in this game...

PaperNotes
Nov 26, 2007, 06:08 PM

What does not appeal to me is the enemies who stand around like dummies waiting for you to finish off their friends before you attack them.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2007, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by PaperNotes View Post
What does not appeal to me is the enemies who stand around like dummies waiting for you to finish off their friends before you attack them.
Half the time I go on the offensive I get attacked from behind by their friends...

PaperNotes
Nov 26, 2007, 08:12 PM

Half the time I go on the offensive I get attacked from behind by their friends...
IGN's video review has a good example of how dumb the foes can be. That's a shame because graphically and all it is a breathtaking looking game right out of Ridley Scott's book (like Call of Duty 4).

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 26, 2007, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by alex_kac View Post
Don't just look at one review. Rent it. Try it out. I've seen both sides. People who understand this game love it. People who don't, hate it.
Well. That's sort of the point. It looks like a good rental. But unless this guy is outright lying I don't see the value in owning this.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

lithion
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 28, 2007, 03:24 PM

i wanted to play this game so badly that i bought ps3 especialy for it. i regret it so much i think im gonna sell this crap right away.

what i dont like about assassin creed:
-ok so i ride a horse. cool eh? noone else rides em but there are planty standing and just waiting for something in the middle of nowhere
-yea NO subtitles. cmon ppl its not english language game its ARABIC english. i dont understand 1/10 of this jibber I loose a plot making it simply follow the marker game.
-climb that tower, that tower, that tower svecitizensavecitizen and what is with that climb a roof and you die thing (guards tell you to get the hell away) what if its my roof and i want to fix it?
-collecting flags? are you serious? yea its kinda nice when you have like a dozen of em but 100x n for each city and kingdom oh come on. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING.
- i dont like this matrix thing to much. altho its a nice fresh thing in games so let it be.
- well i suceeded only 1 assasination (with that archer guy). rest of them was pure bludgeon smash bash eat my sword you sucker stuff.
- why guards act like canadian policeman when you tresspass. oh cmon couldnt they just overpower and disable me?

ok there is a lot more. the begining of this game was great. then all the same repetive stuff is just

Forum Links
Forum Rules