Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > no mayo, please

no mayo, please
jcadam
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2002, 03:47 PM

I hate mayo.

This happens nearly EVERY SINGLE TIME. I pull up to the wendy's drive thru. I say "I'd like a spicy chicken sandwich with NO MAYO"
I pull up to the window, shell out my $$, and receive my sandwich.

I unwrap it, bite into it and immediately have to fight back the urge to vomit. It's oozing with mayo.
Caffeinated Rhino Software -- Education and Training management software

MikeM32
Banned
Location: "Joisey" Home of the "Guido" and chicks with "Big Hair"
Apr 28, 2002, 03:59 PM

The more Mayo the better I love the Wendies Spicy chicken sandwich though.

Wendies RULEZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!
[LIST][LIST][LIST][LIST]

Mike

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 28, 2002, 04:01 PM

They f**k you at the drive through.

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: AKcrab ]

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Apr 28, 2002, 04:02 PM

Although I find the look and smell of mayo to be gross, and on it's own the taste is pretty horrendous, nothing makes a sandwich taste better. I especially like it on burgers (especially when high).

Montezuma58
Senior User
Apr 28, 2002, 04:07 PM

Why don't you sue them. Just claim that mayonnaise is considered evil by your religion and that if it crosses your lips you will be denied the rewards that await you in the afterlife. Hey, there have been Hindus that sued Taco Bell after they were accidently served meat.

Or just call Wendy's customer service line and complain. They'll probably send you some cupons for free food. Don't complain to the restaurant directly or they'll just spit on your food.

CaseCom
Professional Poster
Apr 28, 2002, 04:08 PM

When you go to a fast food joint, don't you expect to get bad service?

dillerX
Professional Poster
Apr 28, 2002, 04:29 PM

Originally posted by CaseCom:
<STRONG>When you go to a fast food joint, don't you expect to get bad service?</STRONG>
Yep, kids making $8/hr and horrible attitudes. I only eat out at sit down places now. Tip well, and receive great service.
I tried to sig-spam the forums.
ADVANTAGE Motorsports Marketing, Inc. • speedXdesign, Inc.

jcadam  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2002, 04:31 PM

Originally posted by Montezuma58:
<STRONG>Why don't you sue them. Just claim that mayonnaise is considered evil by your religion and that if it crosses your lips you will be denied the rewards that await you in the afterlife. Hey, there have been Hindus that sued Taco Bell after they were accidently served meat.

Or just call Wendy's customer service line and complain. They'll probably send you some cupons for free food. Don't complain to the restaurant directly or they'll just spit on your food.</STRONG>
They probably spit on my food now. I remember one time my sister was riding in the car with me and we pulled up to the Wendy's drive thru. She commented on the condescending manner in which I ordered my food.

"I WOULD LIKE ONE SPI-CY CHICK--EN SAND--WICH WITH AB-SO-LUT-ELY NO MA-YO-NAISSE WHAT-SO-EV-ER"

Caffeinated Rhino Software -- Education and Training management software

G Barnett
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 28, 2002, 04:47 PM

There be only one place where mayo (and mustard, for that matter) is even remotely acceptable: potato salad. Sandwiches, burgers? Bleah! Doubly so for that vile yellow concoction I like to refer to as 'moose turd.' I like my sandwiches and burgers dry; no slimy stuff. Veggies are ok, as long as they're reasonably fresh. In other words, NO PICKLED CRAP. Fresh cucumbers on a burger are far and away better than their abused & embalmed brethren. Soaking fresh vegetables in vinegar and brine. A crime, I tell you, a culinary offense, even!

G Barnett
Life is like a clay pigeon -- sooner or later, someone is going to shoot you down and even if they miss you'll still wind up shattered and broken in the end.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Apr 28, 2002, 05:04 PM

What about brown mustard?

G Barnett
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 28, 2002, 05:14 PM

Originally posted by nonhuman:
<STRONG>What about brown mustard?</STRONG>
Still counts as slimy stuff. Bread, meat, veggies and cheese. Maybe some chopped oregano or other herb for added flavor. Nothing else.

G Barnett
Life is like a clay pigeon -- sooner or later, someone is going to shoot you down and even if they miss you'll still wind up shattered and broken in the end.

FERRO
Senior User
Apr 28, 2002, 07:21 PM

Dont go thru the drive thru... they will screw up your order...

Lately burger king has had this "we'll get you your order in under ??? seconds" deal (I dont remember how many seconds, maybe 30?) when you are in the drive thru this " 30 or 40 second promise" only makes things worse by having an iron clad limit on the time they are allowed to get your your order. Ironically they get you the food faster but more often than not, it's not what you ordered.

Always go in and always check your order.

I love burger king, especially the bacon double cheese burger and some french fries dipped in their ranch or zesty suace...

mmmmmm....

------------------------------------

� FERRO 2001-2002

� FERRO 2001-2002

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2002, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by jcadam:
<STRONG>I unwrap it, bite into it and immediately have to fight back the urge to vomit. It's oozing with mayo.</STRONG>
Muahaha! That ain't mayo buddy! Spitting in the food is just the start of it.

The_Equivocator
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2002, 10:48 PM

Originally posted by Face Ache:
<STRONG>

Muahaha! That ain't mayo buddy! Spitting in the food is just the start of it. </STRONG>
PARTY FOUL!

[EDIT: Ok... I guess it made me laugh
]

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: The_Equivocator ]

Crunch Something

Macintosh
Banned
Apr 28, 2002, 10:54 PM

lol

ford prefect
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2002, 11:40 PM

G Barnett , I think you're the only other person I know who hates Condiments. I hate them. I have this personal hatred for all things slimy. I always have to check everything before I take a bite. Even at arby's now I have to check. Or they'll throw in some free arby's sauce on it or something.

No brown mustard, no Ketchup (especially not that) Ranch can make me gag from just the smell. Yuck.

I must have got hit in the face by a ketchup bottle or something as a kid. For a long time I never ate spagetti or anything with tomato sauce because I couldn't differentiate it from ketchup. I know people who eat mustard and bologne sandwiches, and when there is no bologne left, they just eat mustard sandwiches. Just MUSTARD!

blech.

The_Equivocator
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2002, 12:10 AM

At college, I have two friends that can stand most condiments, but if you even mention the word "mayo", they start to feel sick.

Here, let me tell you a story...

I was eating dinner at the student dining hall with these two friends, my roommate, and a few other people. At the end of my meal, I stood up to go get some desert, and when I came back, lo-and-behold, my roommate filled my glass of apple juice with mayonaise (when it comes to food, we tend to act really immature... it's great).

So, I sit down, laugh about the apple juice and mayonaise, and pick up my fork to start enjoying the nice piece of carrot cake I had just gotten. At this point I should have realized that my tray was not completely on the table in front of me. Unfortunately, I didn't, and half of it was hanging over my lap. So, I start to cut my cake with my fork, when the pressure of my utensil pressing against my plate flips the tray in front of me, covering me and the people immediately next to me with apple juice and mayonaise.

My two friends, who were on the opposite side of the table bolted. I didn't see them for the rest of the meal.

So my roommate and I sat there, covered in mayo, and laughed for a long time...

Crunch Something

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 29, 2002, 12:20 AM

I hate mayo with a passion as well. It's really one of the few things I just will not eat. That goes for all things with mayo in them as well.

Anyway, I never make a special order at a fast-food joint. If they make something that I know has mayo on it, I just don't order it. I've found that they screw up a good 75% of special orders. It also makes it take 10 times as long not to mention the whole "spit-factor".

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2002, 12:23 AM

There's a pub downtown I like to go to that has a chicken breast on a bun sandwich, and they serve it with jalepeno mayo. Mmmm.... that's good stuff! Then I use the remainder of it on my fries.
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Apr 29, 2002, 12:25 AM

Equivocator, are you at Olaf or Carleton?

The_Equivocator
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2002, 12:36 AM

<STRONG>Equivocator, are you at Olaf or Carleton?</STRONG>
Have you already forgotten who I am?

I'm hurt!

I'll give you a hint. I'm a junior in your databases class and lived on your floor last year...

Crunch Something

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Apr 29, 2002, 12:56 AM

Originally posted by The_Equivocator:
<STRONG>

Have you already forgotten who I am?

I'm hurt!

I'll give you a hint. I'm a junior in your databases class and lived on your floor last year... </STRONG>
You never actually told me who you were. I asked you once, never got a response, and promptly forgot about the whole thing. You never once gave me anything like that much information.

The_Equivocator
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2002, 01:13 AM

<STRONG>

You never actually told me who you were. I asked you once, never got a response, and promptly forgot about the whole thing. You never once gave me anything like that much information.</STRONG>
Oh... I PMed you back way back then, but never got a response. I thought you knew.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

Mmmmm... mayo.

Crunch Something

mr_sonicblue
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2002, 02:32 AM

Oh, god, you condiment haters are insane. Mayo is man's greatest creation. Oh, man, and those last few bites of a sandwich, when the meat is all gone and you have nothing but bread, lettuce, and mayo...*drooooooool*.......

If the top slice of bread on my sandwich isn't floating, it's not a sandwich.

Fyre4ce
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2002, 03:45 AM

Mayo is pretty good. It's certainly not "man's greatest creation" (according to mr_sonicblue), nor is it so bad that "if it crosses your lips you will be denied the rewards that await you in the afterlife." Somewhere in between. A decent condiment if you ask me.

And to all of you who don't like condiments in general, you don't know what you're missing. Sure, disliking McDonalds' ketchup and mustard is fine, but there's some *great* stuff out there that you really should try:

-cinnamon honey butter (mmm! excellent on toasted bagels)
-creamy hot mustard (amazing on veggie burgers)
-tomato relish (a feature at Bruegger's bagels. quite good on sandwiches)
-garlic butter (basically, butter infused with garlic and herbs. have encountered it at some italian restaraunts. sensational on hot bread)

In addition to these, I've had a variety of other sauces/condiments/spreads that are superb. Horseradishes, mustards, butters, salad dressings... yum! You're really depriving yourself of some culinary delight!

(Then again, I've been a vegetarian for most of my life, and I'm routinely told that I'm depriving myself of culinary delight, so go figure. I, obviously, disagree.)
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

Forum Links
Forum Rules