Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > from divx file to vhs

from divx file to vhs
manofsteel300
Jun 25, 2003, 02:14 AM

I have a divx file that i would like to get on a vhs tape.. what are my options?
i have a video camera if thats any use.
DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy, and millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -- New York Times, November 26, 1991

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2003, 02:43 AM

If you have s-video out on your computer, just go from your computer out to the tv, and tape it, like you would tape a cartoon. If you don't have s-video, find someone who does, cause converting divx to DV is going to be a pain in the butt.

Otherwise you'll have to convert the divx to DV, and then get it on the digital video tape, and play that throught the tv, and tape it like you would a cartoon.

manofsteel300  (op)
Jun 25, 2003, 03:30 PM

what about audio?

is vga-svideo an option.. or to those three colored cables?
DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy, and millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -- New York Times, November 26, 1991

memento
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2003, 12:42 PM

I don't know what hardware you have, but if your computer has video out, just play the divx out and connect your vcr. If you have a CDR and DVD player, then get ffmpegx, convert it to VCD, burn it and play it on your DVD. You can then transfer to VHS if you want. Do you have a firewire a/v converter box? You can probably use that.
"Destroy your ego. Trust your brain. Destroy your beliefs. Trust your divinity." -Danny Carey

MacPro Quad 2.66, G4 MDD dual 867, 23" Cinema Display and 17" LCD, G4 Quicksilver dual 800, 12" Powerbook 867, iMac 300 Grape, B&W G3/300 with G4/450 running yellowdog, iPod 5GB, iPod mini, PowerCenter 150, Powercenter 132 tower, Performa 6116, Quadra 700, MacSE, LC II, eMate 300

Forum Links
Forum Rules