Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod Classic's ugly time screen

iPod Classic's ugly time screen
luap82
Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2008, 02:19 AM

What gives with this -- you've seen it, that screen that comes on when a song's been playing for 10 or so seconds. I'd prefer to just see the album artwork, but really I'd expect Apple to have better design sense than to come up with this cumbersome, clunky layout. Am I alone here? And, is there some way to turn this off?

One other thing that's poo about the new Classic: It's SLOW. One of the main reasons I was attracted to it was the cover flow, but flipping through a library of default blue musical note covers is pretty worthless, not to mention not a whole lot of fun.

It's still an iPod, so it's great, but I've noticed several quirky bugs, and thought I'd voice my two biggest ones, see what everyone thinks.
UND KEINE EIER

garretwd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 6, 2008, 03:23 AM

As to the time screen, it think it's not a bad idea to save battery life, but it could stand for a face-lift.

i personally haven't experienced any slowness with my 80GB iPod Classic, and i do have my entire music library (1,869 songs, 21 hours of podcasts, 3 full-length movies, and two TV show episodes) as well as a complete backup of my home folder, and a few apps on hand. Cover flow works, i do have all the album artwork, though i have far too many albums to use it in any functional manner.

EmericanPatriot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 02:12 AM

Cover flow seems to make the new clickwheel iPods lag when scrolling through any menu items. I hate it and it makes using iPod Classic or Nano quite a bit more awkward than the previous versions.

Forum Links
Forum Rules