Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Color QuickCam software vs OS9

Color QuickCam software vs OS9
chuckeye
Oct 23, 1999, 10:14 PM

Going through a handful of my apps now that I've installed 9 and I've found that QuickPict 2.1.2 will not launch. Logitech bought QuickCam from Connectix, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of an update to this particular app...

scott
Oct 23, 1999, 10:22 PM

What does QuickPict do again? There might be something that replicates the functionality.

Also, just for the heck of it, try giving QuickPict some more memory and try again.

What's the error message you get?

- Scott

[This message has been edited by scott (edited 10-23-1999).]

chuckeye
Oct 24, 1999, 07:58 PM

The error reads:

The application "QuickPICT" has unexpectedly quit, because an update to this software is required for compatibility with the improved Mac OS file system.

QuickPICT is the software that comes with the Color QuickCam that allows you to use it for still shots. If you do know of alternative software that meets this need, by all means let me know.

Thanks.

Macdriver
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 1999, 09:38 PM

latest version for quickcam is 2.1.3. (USB) Go to http://www.versiontracker.com/
search quickcam and the updates will come up, better than the logitech site

cjcollins
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 1999, 06:26 PM

I have the latest version QuickCam Pro software loaded. Since installing MacOS9, QuickPick, QuickMovice and Oculus 2.55 state, 'camera not available'. There was a brief line in Report that 'QuickCam -- software is "not supported by this version of the OS;" extension causes conflict with AOL 4.0 software'. No indication from Logitech as to if they will fix.

I anyone learns of anything, please advise here.

cjcollins
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 1999, 06:34 PM

OK, smack me now.

I unplugged, and replugged, my QuickCam, and it works now.

I have been told mind what I say before I say it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules