Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Disgusting: Katrina Abortions

Disgusting: Katrina Abortions (Page 2)
Thread Tools
Ω
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 29, 2005, 10:21 PM
 
Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy
"i have no doubt at all that there are lots of women who regret having a child... "

heh. classic.

I know at least one who should regret having a child.
Why so hard on yourself?
"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"
     
goMac
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Portland, OR
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 29, 2005, 10:24 PM
 
Originally Posted by stwain2003
You know what? It's not the kids' fault that they're a conception of rape! Why don't all mothers just kill their kids instead of fostering them or putting them up for adoption. Yes, I know it's not easy to do these things, but its better than murdering them! And yes, it is murder. A baby - oh, excuse me. fetus - isn't dead until they're born and then at that instance when they're birthed they become alive! No they're alive in the mothers womb. Yeah, maybe they don't "contribute anything to society" but they're still alive. Don't give me that they're developing still therefore they're not alive crap. You know theyre alive. So get over it, and abortion is murder!
Yes, let's make the mothers suffer, whatever age they may be, and also allow them to bear lifelong stress and mental breakdown due to having to raise the child of someone who violently abused them!

Babies are humans! Women are not!
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?
     
goMac
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Portland, OR
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 29, 2005, 10:25 PM
 
Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy
I'm 39 years old and I have never met a mother who felt that having a child was a bad decision.

So, I figure that pretty much *all* of the pregnant women who gave birth made the right decision.
If you were raped you didn't decide to have a child.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?
     
stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In front of my LCD
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 29, 2005, 10:26 PM
 
Originally Posted by goMac
Yes, let's make the mothers suffer, whatever age they may be, and also allow them to bear lifelong stress and mental breakdown due to having to raise the child of someone who violently abused them!

Babies are humans! Women are not!
Yeah lets torture the mothers by them regretting killing their own child!!!
8GB iPhone
Coming Soon: Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz
     
goMac
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Portland, OR
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 29, 2005, 10:31 PM
 
Originally Posted by stwain2003
Yeah lets torture the mothers by them regretting killing their own child!!!
No no.

This is where you lost it.

A raped woman has no choice in getting pregnant.

A pregnant woman has a choice in aborting a child.

No one is forcing the woman to regret aborting a pregnancy. That's her own choice.

You know, this place is called America. This wasn't Iran last I checked. Women are still allowed to make their own choices.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?
     
placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Washington (the state) USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 29, 2005, 10:55 PM
 
How many women were raped after Katrina? Of those, how many were impregnated? It seems that this argument is moot.
     
goMac
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Portland, OR
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 29, 2005, 10:58 PM
 
Originally Posted by placebo1969
How many women were raped after Katrina? Of those, how many were impregnated? It seems that this argument is moot.
Why? It's just a guy offering free abortions in case you fit into the above category. If no one was impregnated, there won't be any free abortions and everyone can go home happy.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?
     
placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Washington (the state) USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 29, 2005, 11:03 PM
 
Originally Posted by goMac
Why? It's just a guy offering free abortions in case you fit into the above category. If no one was impregnated, there won't be any free abortions and everyone can go home happy.
I think the point is there will be "retroactive birth control" abortions that are being provided that upsets people.
     
sminch
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 29, 2005, 11:50 PM
 
I know at least one who should regret having a child.
bloody hell. was it a typo when you said you were 39, or are you just extraordinarily immature?

1/10 for the insult. 0/10 for the awesome debating skillz. i might bow out of this one unless you can muster a real response, big fellah.

sminch
     
Monique
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: back home
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 30, 2005, 11:14 AM
 
It is still none of your business.

And you do not know any of those women who have to go through this.

You do not live in the real world and you have a very shelter life.

You are judgemental and not a very good human being.

You do not care about the women and the situations you might be in.

Unless you know the hundred of thousand of women who have to get an abortion and unless you have 10 to 15 children you have adopted or any children you have given up for adoption you do not know what you are talking about.

You do not care or give a damn about a women that is intelligent that can take decisions on her own and is in a bad situation.

Are you going to be there to pick up the pieces of any women who is forced on a table where you are going to rip a child out of her body and forced her give it up for adoption.

Are you going to be there when she has a nervous breakdown when she cannot take it anymore because a child grew up in her and because of you she has to give it up.

You do not know the pain of having to give up a child for adoption, you do not care or give a damn; only little minds will insult me because I actually care about these women.

And the fact that some of the women regret their choice of having an abortion is due to the ignorance of people like you who points fingers who think they are so perfect and do not give a damn or care about them.

You call them names, you judge them, you have no love for them, and you never never make any efforts to understand or care about them.

When was the last time did you actually open your heart or talk objectivly to one of those women who had to have an abortion.

Do yo really know any women who had an abortion for sport.

I do not know any and contrary to you have a heart.
     
smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Across from the wallpaper store.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 30, 2005, 02:02 PM
 
Originally Posted by Monique
…You are judgemental…
This is pretty funny coming from YOU.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.
     
Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: South of the Mason-Dixon line
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 30, 2005, 03:26 PM
 
dp.
     
Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: South of the Mason-Dixon line
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 30, 2005, 03:28 PM
 
By the way, I don't have a high opinion of any woman who chooses abortion - for any reason. I believe there is no lower form of human life. I despise them - and will not waste my time here on Earth trying to "understand" their feelings. Just as I don't try to understand axe murderers.

There are things that are inherently wrong. To attempt to justify them is pointless.

But there's light at the end of the tunnel. Legalized abortion will very soon be a thing of the past here in America.
     
OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: I don't know anymore!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 30, 2005, 03:50 PM
 
Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy
By the way, I don't have a high opinion of any woman who chooses abortion - for any reason. I believe there is no lower form of human life. I despise them - and will not waste my time here on Earth trying to "understand" their feelings. Just as I don't try to understand axe murderers.

There are things that are inherently wrong. To attempt to justify them is pointless.

But there's light at the end of the tunnel. Legalized abortion will very soon be a thing of the past here in America.
While, strangely enough, I agree that abortion is wrong, I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to become illegal again. You have to remember that this country is fairly evenly split on many issues, and the screaming you're hearing from the very far right is still a minority, which makes it screaming at best.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?
     
Monique
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: back home
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 30, 2005, 03:56 PM
 
And there would be an avalanche of women mutilating themselves so not to bring an unwanted pregnancy to term and many will die. That should make you a happy conservative.

Never doubt the determination of a woman that cannot carry a pregnancy to term; you live in a perfect world I live with my sisters a human one.

Or many will go to Canada and get one, Mexico, anywhere where a woman's decision will be respected and men do not think they cannot think for themselves.

Maybe Conservative women need a man to take decisions for them but Liberal women do not need one to tell them what to do with their bodies.

I guess the next sentence out of the mouth of conservative will be an insult, I guess you guy cannot respect anything.
     
smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Across from the wallpaper store.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 30, 2005, 04:09 PM
 
Originally Posted by Monique
And there would be an avalanche of women mutilating themselves so not to bring an unwanted pregnancy to term and many will die. That should make you a happy conservative.
If this were true (which it is not) then I would be more concerned with the endemic mental health issues of women who would rather self-mutilate and risk death than give life. Why don't you care about the mental state of your "sisters"?

Never doubt the determination of a woman that cannot carry a pregnancy to term; you live in a perfect world I live with my sisters a human one.
You say "cannot", don't you mean "is not willing"? If they "cannot" then that is a medical decision to be determined by a doctor, not a personal choice.

…anywhere where a woman's decision will be respected and men do not think they cannot think for themselves…Maybe Conservative women need a man to take decisions for them but Liberal women do not need one to tell them what to do with their bodies…many will die. That should make you a happy conservative

I guess the next sentence out of the mouth of conservative will be an insult, I guess you guy cannot respect anything.
Considering your irrational hatred for what you THINK a conservative is, why shouldn't you be insulted? You spout untrue, hateful garbage at them every chance you get.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.
     
Macrobat
Mac Elite
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 30, 2005, 09:23 PM
 
Originally Posted by goMac
Yes, let's make the mothers suffer, whatever age they may be, and also allow them to bear lifelong stress and mental breakdown due to having to raise the child of someone who violently abused them!

Babies are humans! Women are not!

Too bad the statistics prove you're only talking about 8.5% of abortions obtained, isn't it? Go back and read my earlier post. Those are the reasons given by the women actually havin the abortions. It translates to someting like 150 abortiones a year for your "justification."

Pro-abortionists always trot the same BS out, but the facts smack them in the face every time.
"That Others May Live"
On the ISG: "The nation's capital hasn't seen such concentrated wisdom in one place since Paris Hilton dined alone at the Hooters on Connecticut Avenue." - John Podhoretz
     
Macrobat
Mac Elite
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 30, 2005, 09:25 PM
 
Originally Posted by Monique
And there would be an avalanche of women mutilating themselves so not to bring an unwanted pregnancy to term and many will die. That should make you a happy conservative.

Never doubt the determination of a woman that cannot carry a pregnancy to term; you live in a perfect world I live with my sisters a human one.

Or many will go to Canada and get one, Mexico, anywhere where a woman's decision will be respected and men do not think they cannot think for themselves.

Maybe Conservative women need a man to take decisions for them but Liberal women do not need one to tell them what to do with their bodies.

I guess the next sentence out of the mouth of conservative will be an insult, I guess you guy cannot respect anything.

Considering your so-called "avalanche" did not occur in the years and years and years preceeding Roe V Wade, I think perhaps you are in over your head, once again.
"That Others May Live"
On the ISG: "The nation's capital hasn't seen such concentrated wisdom in one place since Paris Hilton dined alone at the Hooters on Connecticut Avenue." - John Podhoretz
     
Monique
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: back home
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2005, 10:35 AM
 
Yes I am concerned by the mental health of my sisters this is why I want them to still be able to get a safe abortion not a back alley one.

And would you know what women went through before Roe vs Wade you never care abouth women's health issue before why would you learn about and have compassion this is not you.

Just one tiny fact there were million of women in the past that would end up in hospital with gynaelogical problems because of back alley abortions. And when abortions will be illegal again because of conservatives that do not care about them, then it is going to be the same thing again and again; until well I hope some people with sense get back in power.

It is more devastating to give a child in adoption than a woman who has an abortion when she is 6 to 8 weeks pregnant.

When was the last time did you give some support to a woman who is depressed about giving up her child in adoption or is she according to you conservatives such dirt because she made a mistake that you shune her.

And how many children did you adopt lately? How many older children with no family did you mentor lately.

Thank God for that doctor that cares enough to give some free abortions for a little while.
     
Mark Larr
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jun 2005
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2005, 10:46 AM
 
All liberals should be victims of abortions.
     
smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Across from the wallpaper store.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2005, 11:01 AM
 
Originally Posted by Monique
When was the last time did you give some support to a woman who is depressed about giving up her child in adoption or is she according to you conservatives such dirt because she made a mistake that you shune her.
I don't actually know any. Everyone I know actually takes care of their children. It must be horrible to be a part of a gender that can so often just get knocked up and give away or destroy the life they create willy nilly. Must be devastating to live with herself after that. as a man I just can't relate I admit.

Originally Posted by Monique
And how many children did you adopt lately?
Well, I haven't adopted any, you got me there. You see, I have two children of my own. I knocked up my girlfriend (who comes from a strict family) when I was 19 and she was 21. Instead of sucking the life out of her womb and discarding it as random medical waste we took responsibility for our own screw up and are currently raising her (and her little brother of course). You know, like decent people should, nurturing type stuff (you wouldn't understand, there's this thing called love…ah, never mind). That was 14 years ago.

And don't for a second think that I am against adoption, my brother was adopted.

Originally Posted by Monique
How many older children with no family did you mentor lately.
None. Zero. Zip. I am busy RAISING MY OWN. Just like those that threw away their kid like an unwanted puppy should have done.

Originally Posted by Monique
Thank God for that doctor that cares enough to give some free abortions for a little while.
I agree there, judging by the pictures I saw of Katrina victims, any kids born wouldn't have any hope of getting any food away from Mamma! They'd starve!
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.
     
goMac
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Portland, OR
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2005, 11:39 AM
 
Originally Posted by Macrobat
Too bad the statistics prove you're only talking about 8.5% of abortions obtained, isn't it? Go back and read my earlier post. Those are the reasons given by the women actually havin the abortions. It translates to someting like 150 abortiones a year for your "justification."

Pro-abortionists always trot the same BS out, but the facts smack them in the face every time.
I think we're talking about abortions in relation to Katrina.

Maybe you missed the memo.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?
     
placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Washington (the state) USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2005, 12:15 PM
 
Originally Posted by goMac
I think we're talking about abortions in relation to Katrina.

Maybe you missed the memo.
I thought it was shown that there weren't the rapes that were reported in the Katrina aftermath. No one is saying women can't have abortions. Many people believe they shouldn't be used as retroactive birth control.

Monique--I work in Child Protective Services and deal with foster children on a daily basis.
     
smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Across from the wallpaper store.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2005, 12:17 PM
 
Originally Posted by placebo1969
I thought it was shown that there weren't the rapes that were reported in the Katrina aftermath.
Not a single confirmed case, not a single confirmed eye witness…according to the NOLA police commissioner anyway.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.
     
Macrobat
Mac Elite
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2005, 01:02 PM
 
Originally Posted by goMac
I think we're talking about abortions in relation to Katrina.

Maybe you missed the memo.
And just maybe you missed the multiple posts that show all those "rapes" were in fact BS thrown up for publicity? The NO Police Department says they have found no evidence proving a single rape accusation.

But, of course, that ruins your entire argument, huh?
"That Others May Live"
On the ISG: "The nation's capital hasn't seen such concentrated wisdom in one place since Paris Hilton dined alone at the Hooters on Connecticut Avenue." - John Podhoretz
     
goMac
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Portland, OR
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2005, 01:11 PM
 
Originally Posted by Macrobat
And just maybe you missed the multiple posts that show all those "rapes" were in fact BS thrown up for publicity? The NO Police Department says they have found no evidence proving a single rape accusation.

But, of course, that ruins your entire argument, huh?
If there are no rape victims then there will be no abortions making this argument entirely redundant.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?
     
olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Dec 1999
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2005, 01:18 PM
 
Originally Posted by RIRedinPA
I'm with you Cody, the man is undermining capitalism - let the markets decide what the price of an abortion should be, giving the service away for free is, well, just disgusting...
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts
     
Macrobat
Mac Elite
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2005, 03:17 PM
 
Originally Posted by goMac
If there are no rape victims then there will be no abortions making this argument entirely redundant.

LMAO!


Lies about being raped in order to get on TV and sensasationalize somehow makes you believe they won't do the same for a free abortion? Puh-lease.
"That Others May Live"
On the ISG: "The nation's capital hasn't seen such concentrated wisdom in one place since Paris Hilton dined alone at the Hooters on Connecticut Avenue." - John Podhoretz
     
goMac
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Portland, OR
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2005, 03:42 PM
 
Originally Posted by Macrobat
LMAO!


Lies about being raped in order to get on TV and sensasationalize somehow makes you believe they won't do the same for a free abortion? Puh-lease.
Huh? I'm saying that this doctor is offering free abortions to whomever may have been raped.

No one raped = no free abortions.

If one wants to claim they were raped, then thats a different discussion about honesty.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?
     
placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Washington (the state) USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2005, 03:49 PM
 
Originally Posted by goMac
Huh? I'm saying that this doctor is offering free abortions to whomever may have been raped.

No one raped = no free abortions.

If one wants to claim they were raped, then thats a different discussion about honesty.
That's not what is says in the original article. It says 6 abortions had already been completed.

LITTLE ROCK -- Storm refugees in Arkansas who need an abortion can have the procedure done for free at a Little Rock clinic where a doctor has said he has already performed six free of charge and will continue to do so for those displaced by Hurricane Katrina.
     
smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Across from the wallpaper store.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2005, 04:50 PM
 
Sad thing is, usually in hard times child birth rates go up. That means that these bloated welfare heifers will have EVEN MORE children.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,