Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > HILARIOUS religious shirts!

HILARIOUS religious shirts!
bad_quote
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 10:32 AM

oversized images removed
( Last edited by ThinkInsane; Oct 13, 2005 at 11:51 AM. )

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2005, 10:34 AM

Wrong forum, idiot !

-t

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2005, 10:35 AM

What's funny?

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 10:36 AM

oversized images removed

THIS ONE RULES:

AHAHAHhHahAHaHahHhaHAH!!!!!!!!!!!
( Last edited by ThinkInsane; Oct 13, 2005 at 11:51 AM. )

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 10:37 AM

oversized images removed

AHAHhahaHhaHahHAhaHAhaHahAahhAhHAhAA!!!!!
( Last edited by ThinkInsane; Oct 13, 2005 at 11:52 AM. )

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2005, 10:38 AM

Way. Cool.

However, the server takes FOREVER to render all that shirtage. Is there a way to maybe, I don't know, list one shirt and the linky?

Give petty people just a little bit of power and watch how they misuse it! You can't silence the self doubt, can you?

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 10:43 AM

Ask and you shall recieve. And on the 8th day, I let there be links:

http://www.christian-t-shirt.com

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 10:54 AM

They are funny to Rob, because Ron still has a 7th grade humor level folks.

Give him time.

andi*pandi
Oct 13, 2005, 10:56 AM

I thought some of them were quite clever.

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 10:59 AM

I think it's f*cking hilarious they sell christian shirts with 'narrow minded' and 'brain washed' emblazened on the front. HBhahahahahaha

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2005, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by bad_quote
I think it's f*cking hilarious they sell christian shirts with 'narrow minded' and 'brain washed' emblazened on the front. HBhahahahahaha
Yeah, I agree, this is hilarious for the 'narrow minded' and 'brain washed', like you !

-t

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2005, 11:45 AM

That's them laughing at you dude.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 12:29 PM

Uh Rob, the jokes on you.

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 12:34 PM

Not really. Read the quote on the narrow minded one. They're basically claiming their narrow minded viewpoint is the 'right' way. Bhahaha. Classic.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2005, 12:36 PM

Not really. Read the quote on the narrow minded one. They're basically claiming their narrow minded viewpoint is the 'right' way. Bhahaha. Classic.
What's the difference between someone who wears a t-shirt with 'narrow minded' and 'brain washed' written on it, and someone whose posts have 'narrow minded' and 'brain washed' written all over it ?

-t

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 12:39 PM

No Rob, they are making fun of those that call them that. I promise.

Which makes more sense? Come on, use that superior intellect you claim you have.

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
No Rob, they are making fun of those that call them that. I promise.

Which makes more sense? .
Since when did Christianity start making sense? Read the shirts. They THINK they're making fun of people like me, but in reality to anybody with a brain it's just funny, because they ARE being narrow minded. "The only way to reach god is through me alone". Basically, all other religions are **** in comparison to Christianity, is what that just said, and all the buddhists, hindus, shinto, etc etc etc people are goign to rot in hell.

THAT is narrow minded. Period. And that's why that shirt is so god damn funny.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2005, 12:49 PM

Since when did Christianity start making sense?
~ 33 AD

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 12:51 PM

Again rob, you don't get it. You want it to mean what you want it to me. You probably saw that, and in a knee-jerk reaction posted this thread, not realizing it was making fun of people like you.

That's ok. We all make mistakes.

BTW Is saying "The only way you are going to learn to swim, is get in the water" narrow minded?

Of course not. I don't think you know what narrow minded means.

You do know by acting like this, you too are being narrow minded right?

I doubt you do.

You really need to stop and think before you get excited and make threads.

Teronzhul
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 13, 2005, 01:01 PM

Sadly you can't subscribe to any of the worlds major religions and remain open minded. Being a (true) follower requires a bit of narrow mindedness. To remain completely open minded would require never deciding who is right and who is wrong, and the realization that god may exist in any form or may not exist at all. No one who names themself christian, agnostic, or atheist can fall into an open minded category.

You picked your paths, now quit bitching at each other and be happy.

PS. I did find the brainwashed one kinda funny.

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2005, 01:14 PM

That was dumb.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2005, 01:22 PM

Ask and you shall recieve. And on the 8th day, I let there be links:

http://www.christian-t-shirt.com
That's one of the most poorly-coded websites I've had the displeasure of viewing in a number of months. Hideous graphics, hideous layout, it has it all.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by chris v
That's one of the most poorly-coded websites I've had the displeasure of viewing in a number of months. Hideous graphics, hideous layout, it has it all.
A christian website being ugly and poorly coded! NO WAY!

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 01:36 PM

Again rob, you don't get it.
Yes, actually I do.

Mark 16:16 “He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned”
What did we learn?: God won’t allow any of those dirty Buddhists, or those awful Muslims into paradise. Just because you live your life according to the basic principles of coexistence and even if you live a life of fruitfulness and great accomplishment, that’s not enough; you have to administer faith in some guy, even if you have no rational evidence for it or logical proof. By that rationale, the prerequisite for salvation is blindness.
“Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through Me.” John 14:6 or if you don’t like that one, how about this one : "But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.” (Matthew 10:33)

That's called NARROW MINDEDNESS. It's you who doesn't get 'it'.

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
~ 33 AD

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2005, 01:40 PM

I think it's funny that Rob, who hates Christianity and Christians, spend his time looking for ways to mock it.

Maybe if you'd use that energy for something worthwhile, you wouldn't be such a tick on humanity's ass.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 01:41 PM

The funny thing is I'm totally down with Jesus, because he WASNT christian. He was pretty cool generally.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2005, 01:51 PM

The funny thing is I'm totally down with Jesus, because he WASNT christian. He was pretty cool generally.
But, you just called Him narrow minded because of the following quote:

“Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through Me.” John 14:6
Or, are you one of those people that thinks that you can just pick and choose the parts of the Bible that suit you and say the rest aren't really there?

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by wallinbl
But, you just called Him narrow minded because of the following quote:
I believe he was cool enough to be written about for a very long time, but I don't think he'd approve of everything in the bible, as most of it is total ********.

Or, are you one of those people that thinks that you can just pick and choose the parts of the Bible that suit you and say the rest aren't really there?
Nope. I pretty much think the bible is one of the worst books ever written.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2005, 01:54 PM

If Christianity truly is correct and the Christian God created the world and Jesus was truly His son, then it's not narrow minded. It's simply fact. You can't accuse the Christian God of being narrow minded - that simply doesn't make any sense.

Would it be narrow minded to insist that there are four quarters in my pocket and not believe anyone that said otherwise? Not really. If there weren't four quarters in my pocket, then I simply would have been wrong, but I wouldn't have been narrow minded.

You seem to have a problem comprehending the concept of faith. It requires you to believe something that you can't prove to be true. It's not an easy thing to do.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2005, 01:57 PM

I believe he was cool enough to be written about for a very long time, but I don't think he'd approve of everything in the bible, as most of it is total ********.
So, you're saying that there was a guy that lived 2000 years ago that was so cool that many people started inventing things to write about him and kept doing so for 2000 years while growing in popularity? Wonder what the guy really did. Must have been rather impressive.

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 01:59 PM

If Christianity truly is correct and the Christian God created the world and Jesus was truly His son, then it's not narrow minded.
I think you are less intelligent than this dude:

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

So I'll take his viewpoint over yours. Or maybe these people's:

And the day will come, when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His Father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva, in the brain of Jupiter.
-Thomas Jefferson

The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge.
-Albert Einstein

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2005, 02:00 PM

To get back on track:

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 02:01 PM

So, you're saying that there was a guy that lived 2000 years ago that was so cool that many people started inventing things to write about him and kept doing so for 2000 years while growing in popularity? Wonder what the guy really did. Must have been rather impressive.
Me too. But it probably wasn't killing people who disagree with you or starting wars and crusades, genocides, etc etc etc etc.

Plus I don't think Jesus would be down with a lot of going ons in the bible. It's ******** obviously written by man, not by 'god'.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2005, 02:37 PM

-Galileo Galilei
-Thomas Jefferson
-Albert Einstein
Big whoop. Many great scientists/thinkers were Christian (Isaac Newton, for example). Many were not. Obviously, that means that some of them are wrong.

PacHead
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by von Wrangell
To get back on track:
That dude looks freakin' scary, I'd be worried.

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 02:52 PM

you are right, he wasn't.

Hard to follow oneself.

You still don't get it.

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 04:28 PM

You still don't get it.
Yes, actually I do.

Mark 16:16 “He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned”
What did we learn?: God won’t allow any of those dirty Buddhists, or those awful Muslims into paradise. Just because you live your life according to the basic principles of coexistence and even if you live a life of fruitfulness and great accomplishment, that’s not enough; you have to administer faith in some guy, even if you have no rational evidence for it or logical proof. By that rationale, the prerequisite for salvation is blindness.
“Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through Me.” John 14:6 or if you don’t like that one, how about this one : "But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.” (Matthew 10:33)

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2005, 04:31 PM

Here're my religious T-Shirts:

Front: Cthulhu loves you
Back: for dinner.

Front: Cthulhu saves!
Back: Incase he's hungry later.

"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2005, 04:35 PM

Rob, why are you arguing? There's nothing to be gained by this, you cannot, and probably should not, change people's believes.

You should however read the Tao Te Ching. I recommend Stephen Mitchell's translation.
"What is a good man, but a bad man's teacher? What is a bad man, but a good man's responsibility?"

And if you run Tiger you can get it delivered to your dashboard. You can get it from http://dailytao.org/

Edit: Today's offering. Seems apt somehow

If you want to be a great leader,
you must learn to follow the Tao.
Stop trying to control.
Let go of fixed plans and concepts,
and the world will govern itself.

The more prohibitions you have,
the less virtuous people will be.
The more weapons you have,
the less secure people will be.
The more subsidies you have,
the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
I let go of the law,
and people become honest.
I let go of economics,
and people become prosperous.
I let go of religion,
and people become serene.
I let go of all desire for the common good,
and the good becomes common as grass.

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 04:45 PM

Hrm. Interesting.

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 05:44 PM

Yes, actually I do.

<snip of Rob still not getting it>

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 05:57 PM

Typical response from a person who can't come up with a reasonable answer. Nice. You lose at the internet.

Rolling Bones
Banned
Oct 13, 2005, 07:05 PM

Chill out...this site is not anti-christian.

Cool!

ambush
Banned
Oct 13, 2005, 07:23 PM

I want a "jesus smoked pot" one.

But I prefer "Thank God I'm an atheist!" shirts

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2005, 07:26 PM

"The only way to reach god is through me alone". Basically, all other religions are **** in comparison to Christianity, is what that just said, and all the buddhists, hindus, shinto, etc etc etc people are goign to rot in hell.
Ah, but you see, how can they go to Hell if they simply don't believe in it in the first place?
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2005, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by ambush
But I prefer "Thank God I'm an atheist!" shirts
An atheist was taking a walk through the woods, admiring all that the "accident of evolution" had created. "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!", he said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing. He ran even faster, so scared that tears were coming to his eyes.

He looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer. His heart was pumping frantically and he tried to run even faster. He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out "Oh my God!...."
Time stopped.
The bear froze.
The forest was silent.
Even the river stopped moving.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky, "You deny my existence for all of these years; teach others I don't exist; and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as Christian now, but perhaps could you make the bear a Christian?" "Very well," said the voice. The light went out.

The river ran again.
And the sounds of the forest resumed.

And then the bear dropped his right paw ...
brought both paws together... bowed his head and spoke:

"Lord, for this food which I am about to receive, I am truly thankful".

bad_quote  (op)
Baninated
Oct 13, 2005, 08:24 PM

That cracked me up.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2005, 10:39 PM

Soooooo just because someone yells `help me superman` when falling off a cliff doesn`t mean superman is going to save him.

Plus I would say that `Oh my God` is an expression that people say without any religous meaning behind it in day to day life.

Just my two cents.

sminch
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2005, 10:50 PM

i honestly don't get it - is that site taking the piss or is it for real? or does it depend on who buys the t-shirt?

and i hate to say it but i'm almost getting bored with arguing about religion over the internet.

i'm right.

no, i am.

you're narrow minded.

no, you are.

how do you explain this out-of-context bit of biblical trivia?

ha! it's all explained by this out-of-context bit of biblical trivia.

you idiot, this [waves bible passage in the air] clearly proves you're wrong!

moron! [waves quote from darwin / dawkins etc] and you're not even a real christian [cue next piece of out-of-context bit of biblical trivia]

which just shows how little you know - try out THIS out-of-context bit of biblical trivia!

[spits on floor] rhetoric!

grrr! personal attack!

&c &c...

sminch

ps -
By that rationale, the prerequisite for salvation is blindness.

Forum Links
Forum Rules