Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Create zip archive with diff compression for each file

Create zip archive with diff compression for each file
sminch
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2011, 06:15 PM

Hi all,

I'm in need of a Mac zip app which allows me to compress files within a zip folder to different degrees - specifically, I need to leave one file uncompressed while two folders within it are both compressed (it's for an ePub file). I've previously done this (on Windows) by creating a zip archive of that single file without any compression, then adding the two folders to that archive and compressing them.

7zip does this on Windows, frinstance, but I haven't been able to find an option for the Mac. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Cheers,

Steve

sminch  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2011, 02:26 PM

In case anyone stumbles across this thread looking to solve the same problem, get yerself to ePub Zip for Mac OS X - MobileRead Forums where all your problems will be solved - two little apps that dismantle epubs and put them together. Sweet as, bro.

Steve

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 23, 2011, 04:17 PM

The command line bzip2 allows you to specify compression levels too.

Forum Links
Forum Rules