Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mail.app and multiple copies of an email.

Mail.app and multiple copies of an email.
Octo
Oct 18, 2002, 08:08 AM

I have a problem that is pissing off some of my classmates. Last week, I got assigned to work in a group for a project, when I got home I send an email to everyone in the group so that everyone would have everyone elses email. I send that email just over a week ago and the recepients have now received the exact same email 6 times. I had one person gather all of the headers and send them back to me and they all have the same time stamp, which indicated to me that my system is not resending it. I called my ISP and they were stumped, they only thing they could suggest was removing ALL of my messages from my Sent Items, after confirming that my outbox was empty. I have completed two packet traces using Ethereal, but could not see any indication that the message is coming from my system.

Does anybody have any suggestions.

Octo

cpac
Professional Poster
Oct 18, 2002, 12:25 PM

did you get any of the "unable to send message now, it will remain in your outbox until it can be sent" messages?
cpac

Octo  (op)
Oct 18, 2002, 12:45 PM

Originally posted by cpac:
did you get any of the "unable to send message now, it will remain in your outbox until it can be sent" messages?
Nope nothing like that. Plus I've already check my outbox via the command line and from within Mail and the outbox is empty.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Oct 18, 2002, 12:53 PM

Just for giggles, are your classmates using PC's or Macs?

Octo  (op)
Oct 18, 2002, 06:39 PM

Originally posted by gorickey:
Just for giggles, are your classmates using PC's or Macs?
I know for a fact that one is using a PC and the other two I can only assume that they are using PC's as well, because whenever I have my PB with me in class I never hear anybody comment about having a Mac as well.

I'm the only person I know that is studying in Electrical Engineering and is running a Mac.

Forum Links
Forum Rules