Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Appleshare IP FTP server problem

Appleshare IP FTP server problem
ilesh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 30, 2000, 11:27 AM

I am running a ftp server off my 7200 using Appleshare IP 6.2. For some reason when I put word and jpg files into the ftp folder .bin gets attached to these files when others (Mac and PC) view my ftp server. And of course PCs are not able to open these files.

Anyone know how I can solve this problem?

rfitz
Jul 31, 2000, 10:22 AM

before you upload the files make sure they have the appropriate ending. For word make sure it is *.doc, jpegs *.jpg, and so forth. This should stop it from adding the .bin automatically.

I think this should help you. E-mail me at [email protected] if it doesnt.

Rhon

rudyr
Jul 31, 2000, 11:05 AM

In order to fix this problem you want to turn off the file and web servers and run the "AppleShare IP Advanced Setup" application, there is a menu choice under the "Server" menu titled Open Advanced Perferences. There is a tab for the ftp services and you want to uncheck the checkbox that is associated with sending files as macbinary files

AAPl Shareholder
Forum Regular
Jul 31, 2000, 02:37 PM

Note that it is ok to have binary file on your web server. They can still be viewed as usual with a web browser.
"Wait, these aren't my lamps. These lamps have feet. This must not be my apartment. I'd better get a new apartment."
-SpaceGhost

Forum Links
Forum Rules