Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > No OS X drivers for my Artec 1236 USB scanner....ever??!!!!!

No OS X drivers for my Artec 1236 USB scanner....ever??!!!!!
Walker
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 11, 2001, 02:38 PM

Hello everyone,

I just received a message from Artec tech support stating that they have no plans on developing OS X drivers for their 1236 USB scanners. What type of crap is this? The scanners are relatively new, iMac matching colors and everything.

Is there any chance that Apple will develop a generic scanner driver, much like they did with the printer drivers?

Or, will any other third party develop OS X drivers for scanners?

lw

ajprice
Professional Poster
Jun 11, 2001, 03:59 PM

Hi Walker,

That message looks like bad news for me too, I have an Artec Ultima 2000, which is basically the same scanner in a different casing without the iMac colours, and uses the same drivers. If anyone else has an Artec scanner, maybe we can get some "people power" to get Artec to change their mind. Sending Artec a request email for OS X drivers could be the best way of doing it (nothing aggressive though, that could be counter-productive). Post here if you have an Artec scanner, and even if you don't post here for the "OS X compatible" cause. We've got to do something, haven't we?

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

JamesKass
Jun 12, 2001, 10:05 PM

Shouldn't you be able to to a TWAIN acquire?
James Kass (no, the other one...)
[email protected]
http://NYComedyRadio.com :)

Forum Links
Forum Rules