Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > AIM is messing up

AIM is messing up
Kool_Aid_Man
Mar 22, 2005, 09:31 PM

At random times, an error comes up in AIM that says ""An error occurred while executing the Applescript "general purpose handler.scpt" (error code = -43). Check the script for errors.

TeknoTurd
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2005, 11:48 PM

Problem is your using AIM. Get Adium (www.adiumx.com).

Kool_Aid_Man  (op)
Mar 23, 2005, 07:08 PM

I use Adium but my sister uses AIM. She's used to it but it keeps coming up with the error message and whenever AIM is on in the background(she needs her away message on) I keep hearing the message being told aloud by the voice that reads error alerts.

Kool_Aid_Man  (op)
Apr 9, 2005, 08:45 PM

Anyone know how to fix it?

proton
Senior User
Apr 14, 2005, 11:38 AM

One of AIM's events (Preferences -> Event Actions) is set to run an AppleScript when it's triggered. Look for the one with a script icon in the second column on the left.

Edit that action to disable the script and all should be well once more. For reference, an error of type -43 is a file not found error.

- proton

Truepop
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2005, 02:49 PM

off topic but is there a website or program that has all or most of the error codes listed?

proton
Senior User
Apr 15, 2005, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Truepop
off topic but is there a website or program that has all or most of the error codes listed?
There are some around, but they're pretty much all well out of date.

The easiest reference for me is the file /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/ Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/Headers/MacErrors.h. The file will only be present if you've installed the Developer Tools though.

- proton
( Last edited by proton; Apr 15, 2005 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Add space into path name to avoid messing up forum layout)

Forum Links
Forum Rules