Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MY G4 wont boot with disk or in safemode

MY G4 wont boot with disk or in safemode
intervenetd2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 21, 2006, 06:54 PM

I'm jus trying to clean everything out and start over and it wont let me boot with the panther cd in it. Or go into safemode an fix it. It glitches at the grey screen with the apple. CAN ANYONE HELP

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2006, 06:12 PM

Archive everything when you install. What does "glitches" mean, exactly?

intervenetd2  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2006, 06:16 PM

glitches as in it freezes. It doesn't move past the grey screen with the apple loading. I WOULD ARCHIVE EVERYTHING BUT I CANT Get past the grey screen when the panther disk is in the computer

intervenetd2  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2006, 06:17 PM

OR while i hold down shift to go n safemode BUT it does start up without a disk or me tryin to get in safemode. It lets me start up in verbose mode though soo I dunno what I can do from there but yea...I just wanna clean the computer out to sell it and then fix my car

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2006, 07:04 PM

If you have another computer, you could plug in the hard drive out of this one as a slave and recover what you want from there. Then reformat, and try to install again.

intervenetd2  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2006, 07:32 PM

I dont get what your saying...You mean do it from 1 ibook to the one thats not wanting to read the disk?? And if thats the case what wire do I need to do that?

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2006, 08:16 PM

He's saying you can open up your faulty iBook (be warned: research this) and pull out the hard drive to use in a desktop or external enlosure.

A mini-IDE to IDE connecter would be the cheapest.

intervenetd2  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2006, 09:33 PM

maaaaan thats sketch. I think it has to do with the other OS on there (mac os 9 classic) because I think that the 9 is makin the ox panther faulty. I could be wrong but I just dunno.

Forum Links
Forum Rules