Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > 2013 13-inch MacBook Pro makes first appearance in refurb store

2013 13-inch MacBook Pro makes first appearance in refurb store
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jan 15, 2014, 05:10 PM

The 2013 version of the 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro has arrived at Apple's online refurb store, following in the wake of its 15-inch counterpart. Two stock configurations are available: the first is a 2.4GHz dual-core i5 model, also equipped with 4GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD. That option is $1,099, $200 less than at retail.

The more powerful configuration upgrades to a 2.6GHz processor, 8GB of RAM, and a 512GB SSD. It's significantly more expensive at $1,529, but that represents a $270 discount off the normal price. A middle-ground configuration -- with a 2.4GHz CPU, 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD -- is listed in the refurb store, but not yet available. Apple should eventually sell it for $1,269, $230 below retail.

chotty
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 15, 2014, 09:04 PM

Sold out a while ago.

Grendelmon
Senior User
Jan 16, 2014, 11:22 AM

By the way, I noticed that Apple made the refubished section more "discrete" and harder to locate on their online store site.

On the main Official Apple Store - Buy iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPad Air, iPad mini, MacBook Pro, and more page,

Scroll to the bottom of the page:

More Stores --> Refurbished & Clearance

I watch their refurb section often, as it's the only way I can afford to buy their products (new). Also keep in mind that refurbs come with the standard 1 year warranty and are eligible for the extended AppleCare just like any other new product.

Forum Links
Forum Rules