Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Pismo Clicker Question

Pismo Clicker Question
hoek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2001, 02:46 AM

I just recieved my Pismo 500 via UPS and love it but, I noticed the trackpad button is much more firm than my old Wallstreet 250. It is a very obvious click (more like the old game Trouble) and takes quite a bit more effort to use. I did on occasion rest my thumb on the old Wallstreet and accidentally click, so is this the way they were redesigned it? There aren't any others out there to compare this too and I want to make sure this isn't a defect.

jeromep
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 27, 2001, 07:46 AM

No defect my friend. The button is probably the stiffist Powerbook button that I have ever used. The good news is that it probably will remain stiff and positive for a long time. The bad news is that you are going to have to get used to it.

I like the feel a lot compared to some other PowerBook buttons that were just way to easy to bump on accident.

bookrat
Jan 29, 2001, 07:02 AM

It doesn't bother me too much these days as I use the trackpad to click and double-click when on the road. Back at my desk I'm using a <ahem> gorgeous little 5 button Intellimouse.

------------------
post_count+1
qp
post_count+1
qp

pmanning7
Jan 29, 2001, 01:04 PM

I just made the same upgrade from a Wallstreet to a Pismo and noticed the same difference in trackpad buttons. The firmer Pismo button is better for me since I often inadvertently clicked the Wallstreet button.
Can anyone please tell me the Apple model number of the Pismo 500MHz with 12Mb drive? I can't find the model number anywhere and I need it to register the computer.
Thanks.
Phil

bookrat
Jan 29, 2001, 06:48 PM

Model Number? I dunno either. Perhaps you should look at the printed label on the side of the box as most of the important details are there.

------------------
post_count+1
qp
post_count+1
qp

Forum Links
Forum Rules