Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New MBP turning off unexpectedly, Error # Identification?

New MBP turning off unexpectedly, Error # Identification?
realmeatychunks
Dec 9, 2006, 12:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I am the (almost) proud owner of a new MBP. Unfortunately, it is turning itself off for now apparent reason. I ran a hardware test and got the following error:

4SNS/1/40000000:Th1H

Anyone have any idea what it means?

Thanks and regards,
Greg

HazelGirl
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 9, 2006, 12:34 AM

I would just take it to the apple store and let them deal with it. you may need to send it to applecare.
Mac Mini G4 1.33 Ghz:40GBhf, 512MBRAM, 32MBVRAM
MBP 15.4' 2.33Ghz:160GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
iMac 24' 2.4 Ghz, 300GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
80GB iPod Classic (black)

foo2
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 9, 2006, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by realmeatychunks View Post
Hi everyone,

I am the (almost) proud owner of a new MBP. Unfortunately, it is turning itself off for now apparent reason. I ran a hardware test and got the following error:

4SNS/1/40000000:Th1H

Anyone have any idea what it means?

Thanks and regards,
Greg
Did you google that error code? It appears, from a few minutes spent looking in google, that it's a fan/heat issue. Take a few minutes with google and let us know what you find.
iMac 3.3/i5 (2015) 24GB 2TB 10.13.1
MBP 15/2.5 (2014) 16GB 500GB 10.13.1
MBP 15/2.3 (2012) 16GB 250GB 10.13.1
MB 13/2.4 (2010) 9GB 120GB 10.13.1
MB 13/2.0 (E-2009) 4GB 120GB 10.13

realmeatychunks  (op)
Dec 9, 2006, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by HazelGirl View Post
I would just take it to the apple store and let them deal with it. you may need to send it to applecare.
I plan to do that, but unfortunately really need a machine now for finals. I'll have to send it back to them in a few weeks if it's not too serious.

realmeatychunks  (op)
Dec 9, 2006, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by foo2 View Post
Did you google that error code? It appears, from a few minutes spent looking in google, that it's a fan/heat issue. Take a few minutes with google and let us know what you find.
I thought it might be a temperature sensor issue--the computer thinking it's overheating and turning itself off for protection. The other thing is that when the fan turns on it runs full blast forever (and the computer is not hot, it actually gets COLD on the bottom), until I put it to sleep. Pretty annoying.

I googled the errorcode and you're correct; it does seem to be a temperature sensor issue.

Hopefully I can just make it through finals (backing up everynight just in case) and then send it back over x-mas break. It's frustrating though: every apple product i've owned has needed to be sent in for hardware problems.

Thanks everyone,
Greg

Forum Links
Forum Rules