Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Filemaker 7

Filemaker 7
tmikkelsen
Forum Regular
Mar 26, 2004, 12:20 PM

For those of you who have Filemaker 7 I have just a couple of questions. We currently have about 100 separate databases, each tracking basically the same kind of data. They probably have about 15,000 entries total. Can Filemaker 7 handle that many tables, if I combine them? And will it handle twice that, which is inevitable?

And finally, can you search across multiple tables?
Thomas
--
49,000 Units and counting...

blog.noetech.com

winterlandia
Forum Regular
Mar 27, 2004, 10:55 AM

There is a demo on the filemaker.com site that lets you use the software for 30 days if you want to try it. I believe however that the answer is yes, it will combine all your tables without a problem (and it now has an 8 tb limit which is pretty high, I can't imagine you'll have trouble). And to answer your question about searching across tables, yes, you can, I just tried it. I created 2 databases, related one field between them, created a layout with fields from both databases and the find function works as expected when entering items in any or all fields to do the search

Forum Links
Forum Rules