Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Let's Make a Deal: Romney's tax returns for Obama's "Scandal du jour"

Let's Make a Deal: Romney's tax returns for Obama's "Scandal du jour"
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 16, 2012, 03:54 AM

While Romney has already released the personal, financial information he's legally required to provide;

• Romney should offer his 2009 tax information in exchange for whatever the Obama Administration has on the failed Solyndra venture which paid millions to investors while leaving the taxpayer hung out to dry. We need to know what his Administration knew and when.
  • Romney should offer his 2011 tax information in exchange for Obama pulling executive privilege on Fast and Furious so we can finally get to the bottom of how it is hundreds of Mexican civilians ended up dead alongside a US border patrol agent. After all, if Americans need to know about a citizen's personal financial information, they certainly have a right to know how its sloppy government is killing people with their tax money.
  • Romney should then offer more details of his management activities at Bain Capital resulting in outsourced jobs using private capital in exchange for a head-count of all the outsourcers on Obama's economic panel and the number of jobs directly outsourced using taxpayer funds. You can start with GE.
  • Romney should come clean on his running mate in exchange for Obama's justification for action in Libya in light of what is going on in Syria right now. While he's at it, we'd like some more information on all the CIA leaks suspiciously-timed to make him look like a tough guy and risking the integrity and availability of future intel for a Presidential bid.

No more kid-gloves. If this is how the Obama Administration wants to roll, let it roll. All of it.
ebuddy

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2012, 05:12 AM

Trump says that Romney should trade his tax returns for Obama's college transcripts.

Obama was short on experience or any real accomplishments besides elected office and whatever he did in college. We should see just how successful a student he was, if we need to see just how successful a businessman Romney was.

I'm not sure that the Obama campaign really wants to go down this road. It will just remind everyone how truly un-transparent he's been concerning just about everything.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 16, 2012, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
While Romney has already released the personal, financial information he's legally required to provide;
  • Romney should offer his 2009 tax information in exchange for whatever the Obama Administration has on the failed Solyndra venture which paid millions to investors while leaving the taxpayer hung out to dry. We need to know what his Administration knew and when.
  • Romney should offer his 2011 tax information in exchange for Obama pulling executive privilege on Fast and Furious so we can finally get to the bottom of how it is hundreds of Mexican civilians ended up dead alongside a US border patrol agent. After all, if Americans need to know about a citizen's personal financial information, they certainly have a right to know how its sloppy government is killing people with their tax money.
  • Romney should then offer more details of his management activities at Bain Capital resulting in outsourced jobs using private capital in exchange for a head-count of all the outsourcers on Obama's economic panel and the number of jobs directly outsourced using taxpayer funds. You can start with GE.
  • Romney should come clean on his running mate in exchange for Obama's justification for action in Libya in light of what is going on in Syria right now. While he's at it, we'd like some more information on all the CIA leaks suspiciously-timed to make him look like a tough guy and risking the integrity and availability of future intel for a Presidential bid.
No more kid-gloves. If this is how the Obama Administration wants to roll, let it roll. All of it.
I agree ... though I don't necessarily agree on the equal value for the exchanges you're proposing. Running mate disclosure in exchange for disclosure of foreign affairs and intelligence tactics?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 16, 2012, 05:55 AM

It's a shame Obama is a far more effective campaigner than President.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 16, 2012, 06:40 AM

@ebuddy

Do you think Romney should release more tax returns? If not, why not?

I assume you don't actually believe Obama's behavior can be used to justify Romney's.

cgc
Professional Poster
Jul 16, 2012, 06:57 AM

Policiations need to speak to the issues and how they would fix them. Then they need to be held accountable to what they said. If they say they'll do X, Y, or Z and don't there needs to be an explanation to the public. All this back and forth is not very Presidential and needs to stop. It's distracting from the issues (which is the intent).

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2012, 02:40 PM

How about 6 years of tax returns for 6 years of tax returns?

Pres. Obama released 6 years of tax returns.

Mitt Romney, your turn.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2012, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
It's a shame Obama is a far more effective campaigner than President.
Campaigning requires dealing with the American public.

Being President requires dealing with Congress. Congress is doing an awful job.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2012, 03:26 PM

Romney should come clean on his running mate in exchange for Obama's justification for action in Libya in light of what is going on in Syria right now. While he's at it, we'd like some more information on all the CIA leaks suspiciously-timed to make him look like a tough guy and risking the integrity and availability of future intel for a Presidential bid.
I don't know anything about Solyndra, GE, or Fast and Furious.

Your Libya/Syria question is extremely easy to answer, however. Little action can be taken in Syria because Syria is in the Russia sphere of influence, while Libya was not. Like it or not, diplomacy is the only avenue. We all looked the other way in Chechnya for the exact same reason. There are just some lines on the map that can't be crossed.

ebuddy  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 16, 2012, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
I don't know anything about Solyndra, GE, or Fast and Furious.
You're likely too busy studying those who aren't in office.

Your Libya/Syria question is extremely easy to answer, however.
If going by the reasons given for action in Libya, the answer of course is pure hypocrisy. I'd also like to know why we're still wiretapping our citizens, torturing detainees, and spending millions on Gitmo; a prison camp he vowed to close.
ebuddy

ebuddy  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 16, 2012, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by subego
@ebuddy

Do you think Romney should release more tax returns? If not, why not?

I assume you don't actually believe Obama's behavior can be used to justify Romney's.
I'm not using Obama's behavior to justify Romney's behavior. I don't think the tax returns are all that important, but I would like answers on the slop coming out of the White House. Romney's tax returns seem extremely important to Obama however, so I think an arrangement could be made to ensure everyone gets the information they want.
ebuddy

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2012, 06:35 PM

bottom line on this is

Romney shared 23 tax returns to be the Vice President (under McCain)

But only 2 tax returns to be President....

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2012, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by ironknee View Post
bottom line on this is
Romney shared 23 tax returns to be the Vice President (under McCain)
But only 2 tax returns to be President....
There's a lot of people saying this now. Like:
Originally Posted by James Carville, interviewed by CBS News
The only person who has seen Romney's taxes is John McCain and he took one look and picked Sarah Palin.
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel joined in on Sunday, telling ABC News's George Stephanopoulos that Romney's lack of transparency in 2012 is no accident.

“He has only released one year, to the McCain campaign he released 23 years. And he’s telling the people, ‘I’m not going to give you what I gave John McCain’s people in 2008.’ And when he gave them 23 years, John McCain’s campaign looked at it and went, ‘Let’s go with Sarah Palin.’ So whatever’s in there is far worse than just the first year," Emanuel said.
It makes little difference if this is true, politically-speaking. People are re-tweeting and re-posting this like crazy, just like "retroactive retirement" was a hysterical firestorm over the weekend on Twitter, Facebook Reddit, and Fark.

Once an internet meme like this breaks out, you can't fight back.

Rmoney's only option now is to change course and release his taxes. I mean, even Obama changes him mind after two years of stalling about his long form certificate, but then he was probably holding it just so he could mock the first jackass who tried to make it an election issue (and it worked).

But Emanuel's point is clearly true: Rmoney trusts a fellow blueblood like McCain, but he doesn't trust the American people.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2012, 09:31 PM

Mitt Romney isn't a flip flopper. He just "retroactively" changed his mind.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2012, 09:35 PM

Hard core conservative Republicans were screeching last year that Romney would be a terrible choice for candidate. I congratulate them on being right for a change.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2012, 11:25 PM

Quite frankly, I'm not interested in Romney's(or anyone else's) tax returns (caveat: They are legal).

When i file my taxes I try and legally reduce the amount I pay in tax, and i'm sure that every person and orginization does the same.

And i'm sick of the lefties here trying to "prove" that Romney does the same, when most of them do it as well. And IMHO there is no shame in it.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 01:24 AM

Because Republicans are more concern with important issues like the use of teleprompters than a potential president's tax returns and financial records.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Because Republicans are more concern with important issues like the use of teleprompters than a potential president's tax returns and financial records.
One would reveal an inability to communicate without having your words written down for you, likely by a third party.

The other doesn't really matter for anything, unless you are trying to prove how successful you are. The IRS sees both candidates records every year. If they have a problem with them, they'll be sure and let them know.

Again, if it's okay for Obama to keep virtually ALL of his personal records secret, this really can't be an issue in regards to Romney. Either the standard is that the guy in office only has to release what they are legally obliged to (what Obama did), or they should release it all. If Obama wants to make this an issue, then it's going to backfire when the public is reminded of all the information Obama fought to keep secret which would likely reveal a lot about his past.

ebuddy  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 17, 2012, 02:46 AM

Hard core conservative Republicans were screeching last year that Romney would be a terrible choice for candidate. I congratulate them on being right for a change.
Hard core liberal Democrats were screeching about the Bush tax cuts Obama extended, corporate croneyism, Gitmo, wiretapping, torture, and unnecessary military action. It's amazing how much hope and change can occur in just a few short years eh?
ebuddy

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 17, 2012, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
The IRS sees both candidates records every year. If they have a problem with them, they'll be sure and let them know.
The same was said about birth certificates, but that didn't matter to the Conservative conspiracy theorists. This tax-return "issue" is just as silly.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
The IRS sees both candidates records every year. If they have a problem with them, they'll be sure and let them know.
The same was said about birth certificates, but that didn't matter to the Conservative conspiracy theorists you. This tax-return "issue" is just as silly.
Fixinated?
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jul 17, 2012, 05:06 AM

Hard core liberal Democrats were screeching about the Bush tax cuts Obama extended, corporate croneyism, Gitmo, wiretapping, torture, and unnecessary military action. It's amazing how much hope and change can occur in just a few short years eh?
Funny that thy are called the "Bush Tax Cuts" when he was mostly repealing the CLINTON ERA RETROACTIVE TAX HIKES of 1993.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 17, 2012, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Funny that thy are called the "Bush Tax Cuts" when he was mostly repealing the CLINTON ERA RETROACTIVE TAX HIKES of 1993.
Sooooo ... if Obama were to have cut spending in 2009, it would have been repealing the BUSH ERA SPENDING INCREASES?

potaytoe potatoe

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 17, 2012, 05:23 AM

Oof, I hope this isn't the tone the rest of the threads from here until election day take. The unintentional funny is gone.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 05:33 AM

The same was said about birth certificates, but that didn't matter to the Conservative conspiracy theorists.
Is there truly credible evidence that Romney might have cheated on his taxes? If so, I think it would be fair to ask for him to release the info.

Obama (via his publisher and others) claimed for years that he was born in Kenya and likely got benefits because of that claim. I'd say that makes questioning his birth status fair game as well. Regardless, I'd say that Obama's stance that he wasn't going to release any information not legally required regardless of the situation makes any complaints against Romney pretty much hypocritical blather.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 06:32 AM

Is there truly credible evidence that Romney might have cheated on his taxes?
No, and that's not the issue.

Rmoney's tax returns might demonstrate he earned some income from questionable investments. If Rmoney earned income from disposing of dead fetuses, social conservatives might throw up their hands and stay home on election day.

There are now several high-profile conservatives who are criticizing Romney for not releasing his tax returns.

Three well known Republican pundits—Bill Kristol, George Will, and Matthew Dowd—all criticized Mitt Romney for not releasing more of his tax returns.
“He should release the tax returns tomorrow: it’s crazy,” Kristol, the editor of the Weekly Standard, said on “Fox News Sunday.” “You gotta release six, eight, ten years of back tax returns. Take the hit for a day or two.” Speaking on ABC’s “This Week,” Will, the veteran columnist, agreed, saying, “If something going to come out, get it out in a hurry.” And Dowd, who was the chief strategist for the Bush-Cheney campaign in 2004, said Romney’s refusal to release returns for the years prior to 2010 was a sign of his “arrogance.”
The fact is, Romney isn't releasing them because he thinks releasing them will hurt his campaign more than not releasing them. He said as much when he said: "The Obama people keep on wanting more and more and more. More things to pick through, more things for their opposition research to try make a mountain out of and to distort and to be dishonest about. " That means he's probably hiding something. See here: Did Mitt Romney Admit His Tax Returns May Contain Politically Damaging Information?

At the very least, Rmoney's tax returns will show us exactly how much money he was raking in from Bain after he stopped working there, demonstrating he was profiting enormously from their wake of destruction.

EDIT. Here's an interesting take on it all I hadn't considered: Why is Mitt Romney hiding his tax returns?

They could reveal that Romney, a devout Mormon did not tithe his 10 percent to the church.
That would be interesting. We learned from Santorum's returns that he was a friggin' scrooge, which helped cut the legs out from under his message of devout Christianity, so this could be harmful to Rmoney too.

I think this is pretty fncking funny: Romney says John Kerry’s wife didn’t release her tax returns either.

Apparently, Rmoney thinks he's running for First Lady, not President.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 06:34 AM

You keep mentioning torture. What the hell are you blathering about?

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 08:18 AM

No, and that's not the issue.
Rmoney's tax returns might demonstrate he earned some income from questionable investments. If Rmoney earned income from disposing of dead fetuses, social conservatives might throw up their hands and stay home on election day.
People are welcome to ask him if he invested in disposing of dead fetuses, if that's an issue. Otherwise, it's clearly just a "fishing trip" that Obama wouldn't allow be held in his boat either.

Remember, there have been plenty of Democrats questioning Obama's secrecy as well. Like I said, unless Obama is putting up, this is a non-issue. Both candidates should be held to the same standard. I'd agree to that.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 17, 2012, 08:27 AM

I think this is pretty fncking funny: Romney says John Kerry’s wife didn’t release her tax returns either.
Apparently, Rmoney thinks he's running for First Lady, not President.
The logic boggles the mind.

Like I said, unless Obama is putting up, this is a non-issue. Both candidates should be held to the same standard. I'd agree to that.
Wouldn't the same standard be the amount of tax returns Obama has released?

---

I have no qualms with with anyone who thinks the motivation behind beating the drum for release is to find some dirt. The problem is Romney looks really bad when compared to his father standards, previous candidates standards (minus McCain), and Obama. I don't think his tax returns would even play in the media eight years ago, but after the banking meltdown, occupy wallstreet, and continually rising income inequality, I think Romney's completely legal taxes will turn-off a segment of the population, and that's why the fight is being put up.

There's also the whole swiss bank/cayman islands thing, but I don't know how that's perceived by the general populace.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 08:29 AM

so do you think romney would settle for only 2 years of tax returns from his vetting of a vp?

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
The logic boggles the mind.
Wouldn't the same standard be the amount of tax returns Obama has released?
For the tax returns, yes. But if the standard is for both parties to release the same information, Obama would have to poney up a bunch of stuff he doesn't want released. He can call for greater transparency with tax returns when he shows any transparency at all.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 17, 2012, 11:18 AM

For the tax returns, yes.
Well then, Obama has met his part of that bargain then.

But if the standard is for both parties to release the same information, Obama would have to poney up a bunch of stuff he doesn't want released. He can call for greater transparency with tax returns when he shows any transparency at all.
He released seven years of tax returns back in '08. So what has Obama held back that Romney has released?

I keep hearing intermittent calls for college transcripts, but I have no idea if Romney released his.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by ironknee View Post
so do you think romney would settle for only 2 years of tax returns from his vetting of a vp?
Oh damn, that's a really good question. When Rmoney reveals his VP pick this week, he better be ready for it.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 01:51 PM

6 years of tax returns from Pres. Obama for 6 years of tax returns from Mitt Romney.

Republicans think that's unfair.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 01:58 PM

One would reveal an inability to communicate without having your words written down for you, likely by a third party.
The other doesn't really matter for anything, unless you are trying to prove how successful you are. The IRS sees both candidates records every year. If they have a problem with them, they'll be sure and let them know.
IRS is only concern with taxes and tax revenue. What Americans are concern with are jobs, outsourcing, and other issues.

Tax returns will reveal to us where Mitt Romney makes his money and how un-American and un-Patriotic Mitt Romney is. What companies Mitt Romney invested in. Maybe Mitt Romney makes most of his money in porn?

Mitt Romney outsourced Olympic uniforms to Burma.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 02:13 PM

Republicans criticizes Pres. Obama for not being transparent enough.

Then Republicans in the Senate blocks the campaign disclosure bill.

Republicans, a bunch of hypocrites.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 02:36 PM

Not sure why Mitt Romney is so afraid to release 6 years of tax returns.

According to conservatives here, no one cares anyway.

So no risk for Mitt Romney to release his tax returns. Delaying the release can only hurt Mitt Romney.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 03:02 PM

In other news, Rush Limbaugh couldn't be any more fncking stupid without an Act of God causing it.

"Do you think that it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire breathing four eyed whatever it is villain in this movie is named Bain [sic]?" Limbaugh asked on his radio show today, according to a transcript of the audio on his show's website.

"This movie, the audience is gonna be huge. A lot of people are gonna see the movie, and it's a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd, and they're gonna hear Bane in the movie and they're gonna associate Bain. The thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie, "Oh, yeah, I know who that is." (laughing) There are some people who think it'll work. Others think you're really underestimating the American people to think that will work.
BTW, Rush works for Clear Channel, which is owned by Bain, which is why Rush is Rmoney's loudest defender.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 03:04 PM

ebuddy  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 17, 2012, 04:10 PM

The same was said about birth certificates, but that didn't matter to the Conservative conspiracy theorists. This tax-return "issue" is just as silly.
Amazing how far we've come that the conspiracy theorists or "birthers", otherwise known as Clinton supporters and activist Democrat lawyers like Phil Berg (a 9/11 truther, because no conspiracy is bad), would be considered Conservatives.

I'm with you for not understanding either scenario. IMO, they're silly for the same reason. If Obama was clever enough to have gotten along as far as he did on a fake birth certificate, he certainly has the resources to ensure it's not provable. Same with the government. It's a waste of time.

The whole "tax-return" issue particularly grates on my nerves because its sole purpose is to merely exploit a person's income. They already know there is nothing illegal in his tax returns and they already know what he gives philanthropically, but this is not good enough. The fact that people would be more hungry for a private citizen's personal financial information than information on a botched gun-running operation that ended up in hundreds dead for example, just kills me.
ebuddy

ebuddy  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 17, 2012, 04:16 PM

In other news, Rush Limbaugh couldn't be any more fncking stupid without an Act of God causing it.
BTW, Rush works for Clear Channel, which is owned by Bain, which is why Rush is Rmoney's loudest defender.
Right. Because prior to this election, Rush Limbaugh had a long history of tepid support for the Republican nominee for President.

You leave me to wonder who's Act is behind this bit of intellectual prowess.
ebuddy

ebuddy  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 17, 2012, 04:26 PM

You keep mentioning torture. What the hell are you blathering about?
If you insist on following US politics, follow them. Repetition is the key to retention, but you have to be motivated to learn. Go and see what it is I could possibly be talking about and return with better questions when you're ready.
ebuddy

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 05:09 PM

Bane killed Batman.
Bain killing Jobs. No, not Steve Jobs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/17/jon-stewart-rips-mitt-romney-bain-capital-video_n_1679201.html

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 06:46 PM

If you insist on following US politics, follow them. Repetition is the key to retention, but you have to be motivated to learn. Go and see what it is I could possibly be talking about and return with better questions when you're ready.
This tells me you have nothing. You couldn't even bother to link to a single news source because you have nothing.

You see, when I have an opinion on something, I link to websites that I think highly of. And I'm placing my credibility on the line because I'm telling people what I think is a respectable source for information.

When other people have different opinions than me, I can judge how serious their opinions are from who they link to. If you link to Little Green Footballs, then I know you're an intelligent conservative; when you link to WND, then I know you're a fncking clueless twit. Your refusal to commit to a link tells me you're embarrassed by the source of your opinion. Given your past respect for complete morons like Glenn Beck, I can understand why you would be reticent in this regard.

A quick Google on "Obama torture" links to opinions from Chomsky, a NYBooks complaint that Obama didn't prosecute torturers in the Bush administration, comparisons between targeted killing and torture, and a link from Politifact that Obama kept his promise to end torture.

So on a whim, I Google for "Obama torture Glenn Beck," and what do I find? The probable source for your ridiculous assertion about Obama committing torture.

C'mon ebuddy, be a fncking man and give me the source of your assertions about Obama and torture, or I'm just gonna conclude you're slurping up the bullish!t from Beck again.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 06:48 PM

Right. Because prior to this election, Rush Limbaugh had a long history of tepid support for the Republican nominee for President.
No, I meant Limbaugh has been the supporter of Rmoney since the very beginning of the Republican primary cycle.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 06:56 PM

Amazing how far we've come that the conspiracy theorists or "birthers", otherwise known as Clinton supporters and activist Democrat lawyers like Phil Berg (a 9/11 truther, because no conspiracy is bad), would be considered Conservatives.
Congrats on distorting the historical record. The Clintons started the Birther bullish!t, but it was never something their supporters wanted or endorsed. Clinton was living up to her portrayal in the film Primary Colors as an unethical, win-at-any-cost campaigner, and her supporters were not pleased with this tactic at all.

The whole "tax-return" issue particularly grates on my nerves because its sole purpose is to merely exploit a person's income. They already know there is nothing illegal in his tax returns and they already know what he gives philanthropically, but this is not good enough. The fact that people would be more hungry for a private citizen's personal financial information than information on a botched gun-running operation that ended up in hundreds dead for example, just kills me.
Pffft. It's not an either/or issue. You can demand justice in Fast and Furious while also demanding disclosure of Rmoney's probably unethical financial practices. One has nothing to do with the other.

Rmoney won't release his tax forms because Rmoney is hiding something. Everyone with a brain knows this.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 17, 2012, 07:15 PM

Stupendousman is a Clinton supporter and activist Democrat lawyer??? Whoa

I'm with you for not understanding either scenario. IMO, they're silly for the same reason. If Obama was clever enough to have gotten along as far as he did on a fake birth certificate, he certainly has the resources to ensure it's not provable. Same with the government. It's a waste of time.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 18, 2012, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Not sure why Mitt Romney is so afraid to release 6 years of tax returns.
People haven't been sure why Obama is so afraid to release just about ANYTHING he wasn't legally required to. He put a kibosh on letting the public see just about anything.

We do know however based on the Bain stuff, that his opponents will use every opportunity to lie and distort whatever they can find out. For instance, because of Bain, there's a bunch of big businesses that would likely not exist today, employing thousands of people and saving jobs that would have been lost had the businesses never had been built or saved. All of them adding tax revenue to the United States Government.

Somehow, that relates to "lost jobs." You just can't trust the left with information when they have no grasp on logic.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 18, 2012, 02:27 AM

Stupendousman is a Clinton supporter and activist Democrat lawyer??? Whoa
I never claimed that Obama wasn't born here. I said that there's likely a less than honorable reason why he didn't want to release his birth certificate after years claiming Kenyan birth status.

Maybe this is why?

http://news.yahoo.com/arpaio-obama-birth-record-definitely-fraudulent-010211250.html?_esi=1

But really, after he produced whatever he had finally, I could care less. Unless of course Arpaio's claims have merit, which I've yet to see.

ebuddy  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 18, 2012, 03:26 AM

C'mon ebuddy, be a fncking man and give me the source of your assertions about Obama and torture, or I'm just gonna conclude you're slurping up the bullish!t from Beck again.
Candidate Barack Obama on the practice of rendition in 2008;
"To build a better, freer world, we must first behave in ways that reflect the decency and aspirations of the American people," he wrote in Foreign Affairs. "This means ending the practice of shipping away prisoners in the dead of night to be tortured in far-off countries, of detaining thousands without charge or trial, of maintaining a network of secret prisons to jail people beyond the reach of law."

Barack Obama to allow anti-terror rendition to continue ~Telegraph.co.uk
Obama Administration Maintains Bush Position on ‘Extraordinary Rendition’ Lawsuit ~ abc news
Obama preserves renditions as counter-terrorism tool ~ LA Times
Target Of Obama-Era Rendition Alleges Torture ~ Huffington Post

For the benefit of the forum of course because the only thing worse than a tool is a tool for the left. You're making Glenn Beck look like a sage. I now return you to your pursuit of slandering private citizens while ignoring the actions of global leadership.
ebuddy

Forum Links
Forum Rules