Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Yet Another 10.2.8 Problem!?

Yet Another 10.2.8 Problem!?
gururafiki
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 30, 2003, 03:04 PM

On my dad's iMac DV (500 mhz) the install of 10.2.8 screwed up the printing. Now whenever he wants to print, He'll get a message in the print center that says there was a communication error with his printer (epson stylus 740 USB). But he can still manage clean the ink head, and print out patterns to see that they are right. It is just documents that won't print. Any similar problems? I hope apple fixes this one soon!

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 30, 2003, 03:31 PM

Don't blame it on 10.2.8.

Epson printer was really cheap to begin with.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 30, 2003, 04:33 PM

Originally posted by Adam Betts:

740s work under 10.2.6 so it is 10.2.8's fault. Your comment is not helpful in the least... nor is it humorous, and it doesn't add anything to the post...
( Last edited by Mac Guru; Sep 30, 2003 at 08:12 PM. )

Wevah
Senior User
Sep 30, 2003, 04:53 PM

I've had the same problem since updating. For some reason, though, if I just stop the job and resume it, it ends up printing fine...
[Wevah setPostCount:[Wevah postCount] + 1];

Macola
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 01:46 PM

You may have already tried this, but delete the printer from Print Center and then add it back.
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

LfGrdMike
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 2, 2003, 12:29 PM

Hey it actually was 10.2.8 go repair yoru permissions this fixed the problem for me. I got the imac 600 with epson740 and printer sharing and everything on the iMac was hosed. After repairing permissions problems were all solved. People need to learn to do this after updates and I for one was careless for not bothering with it and almost completely hosign my software. Cut the guy some slack it could very well be 10.2.8 it was for me and i had different printing problems. Easily fixed though.

I bet the person that said it wasnt 10.2.8 feels like an idiot. Also why do you jump to conclusions when we havent even diagnosed what other possibilities it could be. what works in one release might not in another. This is why you backup in this caase consider yourself lucky. Repairing permissions fixes all teh oddities at least it did for me.
MacBook Pro 15" Rev B | 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB Mem | 160GB HD | Display 15 Glossy Widescreen Display
iPod Mini Green | 35 gigs of music :-)
HP DV1040us Laptop | 1.6 Pentium M | 1GB RAM | Centrino

Morenix
Oct 2, 2003, 02:41 PM

made on mac with .mac with a powermac and mac os!
they call it a community, not a monopoly

LfGrdMike
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 2, 2003, 03:53 PM

That was awesome ROFL I cant stop laughing at that last post. ROFL I bet he feels like a dumb ass after i posted the solutoin now too. Guess those cheap epson printers ain't so cheap eh chap LOL. Thats tough to take in isn't it.
MacBook Pro 15" Rev B | 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB Mem | 160GB HD | Display 15 Glossy Widescreen Display
iPod Mini Green | 35 gigs of music :-)
HP DV1040us Laptop | 1.6 Pentium M | 1GB RAM | Centrino

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 2, 2003, 05:49 PM

Apparently some of you didn't understand the sarcasm...

Talk about being dumb

asidrane
Oct 9, 2003, 05:48 PM

I went to print today and nothing happened. I went to print center and it told me my printer was stopped. It still had the job in the queue, but i couldn't start it back up. I did a repair permissions and teh job was gone, but I still couldn't start it. I tried to delete it, but the option is grayed out. I can add my printer as a new printer, but I can't delete this configuration.

KP*
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2003, 12:55 AM

Originally posted by asidrane:
I went to print today and nothing happened. I went to print center and it told me my printer was stopped. It still had the job in the queue, but i couldn't start it back up. I did a repair permissions and teh job was gone, but I still couldn't start it. I tried to delete it, but the option is grayed out. I can add my printer as a new printer, but I can't delete this configuration.
I too have a printer I can't delete and have been having various printer troubles like what is described above. I can't recall for sure, but it does seem like it started right after I installed 10.2.8.

Forum Links
Forum Rules