Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Siro, how to?

Siro, how to?
Pix0r
Forum Regular
Oct 8, 2004, 11:08 PM

Hey all,

Forgive me if this is a stupid set of questions but I can't seem to figure them out.

1. Is there a parameter where one can set how close window widgets are to each other?

2. The 'well' behind the widgets, how does one make/control them, I noticed that they are part of the titlebar caps. But how do you control them? No matter what size I make them, they always get cut short with most of the 'well' being on the left (under the widgets), then being abruptly cut off and the rest appears on the right of the titlebar...

Thanks for any help!

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 8, 2004, 11:13 PM

I may be wrong, but I believe there is no way to control this. Which is why Max had to resize the widgets in MacOSXP. And the distance between the widgets varies between Carbon and Cocoa apps.

Do any of the pro themers here have a better, more clear explanation of what I'm trying to say? a little help?

smeger
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2004, 07:47 AM

I think that there's no real way to control this. You can change the size of the widget images, but it will only "take" in Cocoa - in Carbon apps, the widgets will overlap. So the net result is that you can't do it.

I may be mistaken, I'm not a themer. But to the best of my knowledge, that there's the dealio, yo.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

blackdog12345
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2004, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by smeger:
I think that there's no real way to control this. You can change the size of the widget images, but it will only "take" in Cocoa - in Carbon apps, the widgets will overlap. So the net result is that you can't do it.

I may be mistaken, I'm not a themer. But to the best of my knowledge, that there's the dealio, yo.
you are right but he can move the buttons over if theres enuff room in the image
No longer posting

Pix0r  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2004, 11:52 AM

Originally posted by blackdog12345:
you are right but he can move the buttons over if theres enuff room in the image
How?

Are there like standard sizes for things like widgets and caps?
( Last edited by Pix0r; Oct 9, 2004 at 12:03 PM. )

Gerrit Vanoppen
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 9, 2004, 12:42 PM

Originally posted by Pix0r:
How?
Are there like standard sizes for things like widgets and caps?
Yes, and is there a way to make them touch each other from the left to the right ?

MacMan4000
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2004, 01:12 PM

no, they can't be moved, and if you adjust the size they will be spaced different in cocoa and carbon apps. you MUST keep them the same size image as aqua, you can only put some transparent areas in to make them look smaller, that all.

about the endcaps problem... just make sure the place where you want the cpas to split is dead center in the image, notice how the siro ones you showed above have a bunch of plain titlebar added to the right side. that is so the left endcap-bevel-thing is all on the left side of the image. make since? I know that was a weird way to explain it so ask again if it didn't make since.

Forum Links
Forum Rules