Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Eye TV and internet connection

Eye TV and internet connection
SynApple
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 5, 2006, 09:10 AM

Hi all,

first of all I apologize if this is not the correct forum to post this but I think it's a software problem, so here it goes:

I've just bought an eyeTV 200 which works extremely well for watching TV on my Mac Mini, running Tiger 10.4.2.
The only problem (a major problem to me) is that anytime I try to browse the internet while watching TV at the same time my internet connection quits. I am on a dial-up connection and internet connect tells me the the modem has hung up because the other side is not responding.
I am using the latest EyeTV software release 1.8.4.

The curious thing is that I can surf the web just fine when EyeTV is running with no live windows open: as soon as I open a live TV window, though, the connection quits.

I have tried anything that could come up to my mind (trashed preferences, repaired permissions, reinstalled the software twice, tried every browser I have on my mac, restarted) but nothing has worked.

Elgato support is not replying to my e-mails.

Can you guys help me out someway?

Thank you,
regards

Mac Mini 1.4GHZ
Apple 20" Cinema Display
iPod 3G - 15GB
iPod Mini - Blue

Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Jan 5, 2006, 01:38 PM

Elgato has decent support, but they seem under-resourced - give them a few days. I'm debugging a thing with them right now, there's about 48 hours lag.

Weird problem you got, could well be a bug in EyeTV.

J

SynApple  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 5, 2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Judge_Fire
Elgato has decent support, but they seem under-resourced - give them a few days. I'm debugging a thing with them right now, there's about 48 hours lag.

Weird problem you got, could well be a bug in EyeTV.

J
Judge, thanks for your reply.

I will sure wait a few days before I throw a fit

I really don't know what to think about the problem... it may be a bug in the software but I just cannot be the only one who's using EyeTV with a dial-up connection!

I am just afraid that, if it is indeed a bug, it will never be sorted out... I've searched the internet high and low and couldn't find a single case similar to mine.
Mac Mini 1.4GHZ
Apple 20" Cinema Display
iPod 3G - 15GB
iPod Mini - Blue

Forum Links
Forum Rules