Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > dreams when you are sick

dreams when you are sick
phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Apr 13, 2006, 03:09 AM

when I am sick (like now, I have mono) I get the most f-ed up dreams. I usually have to have a slight fever too...

I dont know how to describe my dreams as they are just soo out there they dont even begin to make sense, but I always wake up feeling more stressed out then I ever have in normal life...

anybody else have weird dreams when they are sick?

Zach

OB1
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 13, 2006, 03:37 AM

Yeah, I have in the past. They're really vivid too aren't they? And seem to last a long time... Horrible.

Hope you're feeling well soon.

What's Mono?
tin pot, garden shed

OSX Abuser
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2006, 09:12 AM

The last few time i was feeling sick and had taken Sudafed I had the wierdest dreams.
Something in Sudafed really twists your dreams.

MrsLarry
Senior User
Apr 13, 2006, 09:44 AM

9 times out of 10 guacamole will give me really crazy dreams... ya know the ones where crazy things happen, and you don't even notice, like it's just the most normal thing.

sorry, a little OT..

Todd Madson
Mac Elite
Apr 13, 2006, 10:13 AM

Have you guys seen www.slowwave.com? It's a guy who accepts e-mails from people
about their dreams and then he makes cartoons out of them, some of them are very
funny.

My wife had a dream this morning that she took a spinning class with me but the
class was so crowded there were no bikes to ride except "imaginary invisible bikes".

At some point she spilled something on someones bike shoes and they got upset
so she said something about getting a towel but the room was so crowded she
couldn't move at all. Weird.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 13, 2006, 12:51 PM

Last night I dreamed that somebody would create a thread like this.

Fyre4ce
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2006, 12:18 AM

I believe the term is a "fever dream."
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Apr 14, 2006, 02:26 AM

Dreams themselves are stranger when sick, yes, but you're also more prone to hallucinations whilst fevering. On the recuperative TV, a rerun SNL skit, re: mafia men, led to my belief that They were after me. 104-degree-plus, I believe.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

shunt
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 14, 2006, 03:54 AM

Yup, when I was a kid it happened all the tme....I was sick alot.

I still remember the most common one, more as a feeling though--not visually. The best I can describe it was a battle of sorts between a really smooth surface (like unnaturally smooth, hard and silky), and a strange (but also comforting) textured surface/entitiy. I remember always rooting/praying for one to win over the other, don't remember which--or why. Also, it was in black and white...wierd.

Those times I was glad just to wake up. Thankfully they went away years ago.
Please keep in mind the ambiguously selective general understandings we've all agreed upon...

phantomdragonz  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2006, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by shunt
I still remember the most common one, more as a feeling though--not visually. The best I can describe it was a battle of sorts between a really smooth surface (like unnaturally smooth, hard and silky), and a strange (but also comforting) textured surface/entitiy. I remember always rooting/praying for one to win over the other, don't remember which--or why. Also, it was in black and white...wierd.

I always have a similar dream when I have the flu, it's all black and white, either thin or think things (people, walls etc) and it's always a huge stressful battle to keep the world from going to one side or the other, either VERY lonely or so crowded you cant move..

Oh, and mono is a virus (so no treatment) my tonsels are soo swoolen it makes it hard and painful to swollow. The doctor put me on prednezone (a steroid) to help with the swelling, and I am also on 600Mg of advil three times a day, I also have access to lidacane which is a topical anelgesic (pain killer) which I swich in my mouth before I eat... so it's not too painful...

and I will be like this for another week, it looks like today is the first day where I am actually improving...

Zach

Saltire
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 14, 2006, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by shunt
Yup, when I was a kid it happened all the tme....I was sick alot.

Those times I was glad just to wake up. Thankfully they went away years ago.
Used to have exactly the same kind of dream, with the rough and smooth textures. Could never figure out exactly what is was afterwards though - maybe something like a rock rolling along. The smooth was horribly smooth, and the rough was grating. It usually had a throbbing sound that would slowly build up to a crescendo.

shunt
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 14, 2006, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by phantomdragonz
....either VERY lonely or so crowded you cant move..<snip>...and I will be like this for another week, it looks like today is the first day where I am actually improving...
Zach
Yes, that's the one. Suffocating at times....they went away eventually even when sick, hope you feel better soon.

Originally Posted by Saltire
It usually had a throbbing sound that would slowly build up to a crescendo.
Dreadful things, they were....there was definitely a rythym/wave, I'd forgotten that part. Never really mentioned them to anyone, very frightening for a child.
Please keep in mind the ambiguously selective general understandings we've all agreed upon...

kick52
Baninated
Apr 15, 2006, 12:53 PM

i remember waking up in the middle of the night and my vision had all these yellow lines all over the place, but you cant actually see them, there just like when you look at things in the dark and you can see blue and red and green pattens swirling around. anyway, i had a yellowy kind of vision, and i had tinnitus. also, everything was shaking around and my muscles started to tense up, like when you squeeze a stress ball really hard.

weird. but not scary. i was more like WTF?

Forum Links
Forum Rules