Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS/FT : Rev B 12" Powerbook - Upgraded...

FS/FT : Rev B 12" Powerbook - Upgraded...
mulletman13
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 16, 2005, 05:47 PM

Hello all,

I've recently began to rethink my current setup, and realized that I don't need the portability of a laptop... as I haven't really taken it anywhere that I can't take a desktop Mac.

As a result of this, the computer casing is totally flawless, there are no noticeable scratches, and no dents at all... this computer has been on my desk at college, and now here at home. As for all the specs on this machine...

12.1" Screen
1.0ghz G4 processor
Apple stock combo drive
40gb hdd
768mb RAM
Bluetooth 1.1
Airport Extreme Card

Battery still holds a great charge depending on backlight of screen, I've gotten up to 3 hours 15 mins.

There is still about a month and a half left on the standard 1 year warranty (middle of August), so it is still eligible for AppleCare. I have not run into a single problem with this computer... nothing has ever failed me or stopped working.

What I'm open for trading (I'd throw in some money of course) is a 17" iMac 1.8ghz preferrably.

I really don't know what to ask, so I'll just post a price ( I am completely fine if this is too high -- i'm open to offers, I just want to put a label on this). Please post if this is generally too high, I'm not totally sure what this would be worth.

$1030 shipped OBO... again, please post if this is too high, I'd like to move this relatively soon

Thanks!

osxpinot
Senior User
Jun 16, 2005, 05:55 PM

Yes, your price is too high. One can get a brand new faster iBook for this price. After all, it is a Powerbook, but I would say your price is a little too high. I'd give you around $800 shipped for it, but you might be looking for a little higher than that.

torpedobird
Forum Regular
Jun 16, 2005, 11:51 PM

I am with osxpinot on the pricing. Though I too could be tempted to go for it near $800-$850. So consider that a "interested if you drop the price" bump

TBird

mulletman13  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 17, 2005, 12:57 PM

*bump*

Price change... I've got a ton of people interested in the 800-850 range... so I'll chalk it up to 900 + shipping (about $30)... that way, some will still believe it is too high, but hopefully there will be one or two still interested -- if not within the week, then I'll go down more

Thanks for the input and feedback!

KC

torpedobird
Forum Regular
Jun 17, 2005, 01:22 PM

well, hmm, i really need something new, but am unsure about having quite that much.

If you will give me 24 dibs to check, that would be great.

TBird

mulletman13  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 17, 2005, 01:27 PM

Sure no problem

iREZ
Professional Poster
Jun 17, 2005, 03:18 PM

dont let people tell you that the ibook is a better deal... our computer is worth just as much as the new ibooks for the sheer fact that the ibooks do not include BT, do not have a GPU that could handle coreimage, and do not have mini DVI (which could run clamshell mode and throw all the VRAM to an external screen). just this alone should constitute a healthy $900+... i know my computer is worth more than a run of the mill iBook selling now.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

torpedobird
Forum Regular
Jun 18, 2005, 11:20 AM

I am going to have to back out on this. I just can't get the cash together (and justify it) and am starting to see that iRez is right. Some good research will show this machine really is worth every penny. I think your $900 + $30 is a great value though!

TBird

thecubedxbox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 18, 2005, 12:16 PM

I PMed you, please let me know.

absolut78
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 21, 2005, 01:01 PM

PM'd... very interested.

mulletman13  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 21, 2005, 06:42 PM

Update : PowerBook sold -- Thanks for all the interest and good luck for everybody else looking for a PB

Forum Links
Forum Rules